Eric Haase brings a two-game homer streak into the Detroit Tigers’ (52-85) game versus the Kansas City Royals (56-82) at 4:10 PM ET on Saturday, at Kauffman Stadium.
The Royals are favored (-116) in a projected tight game against the Tigers (-103). The starting pitchers are Jonathan Heasley (3-7) for the Kansas City Royals, and Matt Manning (1-2) for the Detroit Tigers. The game’s over/under is 8.
Royals vs. Tigers Predictions
Royals vs. Tigers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Royals vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Kansas City was listed as the moneyline favorite by oddsmakers only once, a game it lost.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Royals and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
- Kansas City’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Detroit has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 2-5 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Tigers and their opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- Over its last 10 games, Detroit is 3-7-0 against the spread.
Royals vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jonathan Heasley
- The Royals have a 7-10-0 record against the spread in Heasley’s starts.
- The Royals have always been the moneyline underdog when Heasley starts this season.
- Heasley’s team is 5-11 over his 16 starts.
- Heasley has had 17 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 10 of those outings finished over the total.
Projected starter: Matt Manning
- Manning’s team is 4-5-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team is 3-5 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Manning’s team has a 3-6 record in his starts this season.
- In Manning’s nine starts with a total, the teams have hit the over two times.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. paces the Royals with 20 home runs and 71 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-high batting average of .246.
- Among hitters in MLB play, Witt Jr. ranks 49th in home runs and 38th in RBI.
- Witt Jr. heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with a double, four walks and two RBI.
- MJ Melendez has 16 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 55 walks while batting .221.
- Melendez ranks 86th in homers and 98th in RBI this year.
- Salvador Perez leads the Royals with 20 home runs.
- Perez takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Nicky Lopez is hitting .240 with 12 doubles, four triples and 28 walks.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Javier Baez leads Detroit in batting average (.230) and runs batted in (53) this season while also slugging 12 homers.
- Baez is 127th in home runs and 94th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Baez has hit safely in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a walk and four RBI.
- Harold Castro is batting .274 with an OBP of .305 and a slugging percentage of .388 this season.
- Castro currently is 240th in home runs and 179th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Jeimer Candelario is slugging .361 this season, with a team-high 13 home runs. He’s also collected 45 RBI.
- Candelario takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Willi Castro is batting .240 with an OBP of .285 and a slugging percentage of .356 this season.
- Willi Castro brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .190 with a double and two RBI.
Where To Watch Royals vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.