Mike Trout rides a five-game homer run into the Los Angeles Angels’ (60-78) matchup with the Houston Astros (89-49), at 7:15 PM ET on Saturday at Minute Maid Park.
The Angels are an away underdog (+117) at the Astros (-139). The Houston Astros will hand the ball to Jose Urquidy (13-5, 3.51 ERA), who is looking for win No. 14 on the season, and the Angels will counter with Shohei Ohtani (11-8, 2.58 ERA). The contest has an over/under of 7.
Astros vs. Angels Predictions
Astros vs. Angels Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston was the moneyline favorite for nine of its last 10 games, and went 8-1 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Astros and their opponents combined to hit the over two times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Houston’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Los Angeles has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- The Angels and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Los Angeles is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Astros vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: José Urquidy
- When Urquidy starts, the Astros have gone 16-9-0 against the spread.
- The Astros are 14-6 in Urquidy’s 20 starts this season with Houston as the moneyline favorite.
- Over Urquidy’s 25 starts, his team is 17-8.
- Urquidy has had 25 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 12 of those matchups hit the over.
Projected starter: Shohei Ohtani
- Ohtani and his team were 4-6-0 against the spread when he pitched last season.
- Ohtani and his team won two of the games he started as the moneyline underdog last season, with a record of 2-5.
- Four games he pitched last season hit the over in 14 opportunities.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Alex Bregman has 34 doubles, 20 home runs and 78 walks while hitting .266.
- Among hitters in MLB play, Bregman ranks 49th in homers and 25th in RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez has hit 31 home runs while batting .290. Both are team-highs.
- Alvarez ranks 10th in homers and 17th in RBI this season.
- Jose Altuve is hitting .285 with 33 doubles, 24 home runs and 57 walks.
- Kyle Tucker has collected 88 runs batted in to lead his team.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Ohtani leads Los Angeles in home runs with 33, runs batted in with 86 and his batting average of .267 is also best on his team.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Ohtani ranks fifth in homers and 13th in RBI.
- Ohtani has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .227 with two doubles, three home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Trout leads Los Angeles in home runs with 33 while driving in 64 runs and slugging .619.
- Trout ranks fifth among hitters in the majors in home runs, and 52nd in RBI.
- Trout brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .400 with a double, five home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Taylor Ward has 106 hits this season and a slash line of .261/.349/.441.
- Ward has safely hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Luis Rengifo has 106 hits and an OBP of .304 to go with a slugging percentage of .432 this season.
- Rengifo has hit safely in six games in a row. In his last 10 games he is batting .325 with a double, a triple, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.