Seth Brown will try to collect his 100th hit (he has 97) when the Oakland Athletics (50-89) play the Chicago White Sox (71-68) at 4:07 PM ET on Saturday.
The White Sox are the road favorite (-189) versus the Athletics (+158). The White Sox will give the ball to Lance Lynn (5-5) versus the Athletics and Adrian Martinez (4-3). The game’s over/under is 7.5.
White Sox vs. Athletics Predictions
White Sox vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
White Sox vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago was the moneyline favorite for seven of its last 10 games, and finished 6-1 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the White Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
- Chicago’s record against the spread is 7-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- Oakland has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and has won one of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Athletics and their opponents are 7-3-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Oakland has won three of its last 10 games against the spread.
White Sox vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Lance Lynn
- The White Sox have gone 6-10-0 against the spread when Lynn starts.
- The White Sox have been the moneyline favorite in 12 of Lynn’s starts this season, and they went 7-5 in those games.
- In Lynn’s 16 starts, his team is 9-7.
- Lynn has had 16 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and five of those outings hit the over.
Projected starter: Adrian Martinez
- Martinez’s team is 4-3-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team is 4-3 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Martinez’s team has won four of his seven starts.
- In Martinez’s seven starts with a total, the teams have hit the over three times.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Abreu paces the White Sox with a team-high batting average of .308.
- Abreu’s home runs rank 102nd in MLB and he ranks 50th in RBI in MLB.
- Andrew Vaughn has hit 15 home runs with 66 RBI. Both pace his team.
- Vaughn currently ranks 86th in home runs and 47th in RBI in the bigs.
- Vaughn heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .158 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
- Elvis Andrus is hitting .249 with 29 doubles, 12 home runs and 34 walks.
- Andrus enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .318 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Luis Robert has 18 doubles, 12 home runs and 17 walks while batting .295.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland in runs batted in with 63 while batting .253, which is also best on the team.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Murphy ranks 60th in homers and 60th in RBI.
- Brown’s 21 home runs are most among Oakland batters. He’s driven in 55 runs this season while slugging .440.
- Brown is 41st in home runs and 82nd in RBI among all major league batters this year.
- Tony Kemp has collected 98 base hits, an OBP of .304 and a slugging percentage of .311 this season.
- Kemp takes an 11-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is batting .342 with three doubles, three walks and seven RBI.
- Ramon Laureano has collected 70 hits this season and has an OBP of .292. He’s slugging .380 on the year.
Where To Watch White Sox vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.