The Philadelphia Phillies (75-62) host the Washington Nationals (49-89) to open a three-game series at Citizens Bank Park, with first pitch at 7:05 PM ET on Friday. The Phillies are on the back of a series victory over the Marlins, and the Nationals a series split with the Cardinals.
The Nationals are an underdog away (+182) at the Phillies (-223). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Philadelphia Phillies looking to Noah Syndergaard (8-9), and Patrick Corbin (6-17) taking the ball for the Washington Nationals. The game’s over/under is set at 8.5.
Phillies vs. Nationals Predictions
Phillies vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia played as the moneyline favorite for eight of its last 10 games, and went 3-5 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Phillies and their opponents combined to hit the over seven times.
- Philadelphia’s record against the spread is 1-9-0 over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and has won five of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- Washington is 7-3-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Phillies vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Noah Syndergaard
- The Phillies have gone 7-14-0 against the spread when Syndergaard starts.
- The Phillies have a 9-7 record in Syndergaard’s 16 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Syndergaard’s team has a 9-12 record in his starts this season.
- Syndergaard has started 21 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in six of them.
Projected starter: Patrick Corbin
- Corbin and his team are 9-18-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Washington has a record of 4-19 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- In games Corbin has started, his team is 6-21.
- In Corbin’s 27 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 11 times.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Rhys Hoskins is hitting .252 with 27 doubles, two triples, 26 home runs and 65 walks.
- Among hitters in baseball, Hoskins ranks 20th in home runs and 45th in RBI.
- Hoskins takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with two doubles and a walk.
- Kyle Schwarber has hit 36 home runs with 78 runs batted in. Both lead his team.
- Schwarber ranks second in home runs and 25th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- J.T. Realmuto is batting .265 with 23 doubles, five triples, 15 home runs and 38 walks.
- Alec Bohm’s .292 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Bohm enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with a double, a triple and three RBI.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Cesar Hernandez leads Washington with a batting average of .252.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Hernandez is 394th in homers and 224th in RBI.
- Hernandez brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .500 with a double, a triple, a home run, four walks and six RBI.
- Nelson Cruz leads Washington in runs batted in (64) this season. He’s batting .238 while slugging .343.
- Among all MLB hitters, Cruz ranks 162nd in home runs and 50th in RBI.
- Cruz has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .353 with three walks and an RBI.
- Keibert Ruiz has collected 99 base hits, an OBP of .312 and a slugging percentage of .360 this season.
- Lane Thomas has 101 hits and an OBP of .303 to go with a slugging percentage of .415 this season.
- Thomas enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .310 with three doubles, two home runs, eight walks and six RBI.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.