Yoan Moncada leads the Chicago White Sox (70-68) into a matchup against the Oakland Athletics (50-88) a game after homering twice in a 14-2 victory over the Athletics. It begins at 9:40 PM ET on Friday.
As the favorite, the White Sox (-161 on the moneyline) play at the Athletics (+135). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Chicago White Sox looking to Lucas Giolito (10-9), and James Kaprielian (3-9) getting the nod for the Oakland Athletics. The game’s total is 7.5.
White Sox vs. Athletics Predictions
White Sox vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
White Sox vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago has a 5-2 record from the seven games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the White Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total four times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Chicago’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- In eight games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Oakland has a record of 2-6.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Athletics and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- Oakland has won four of its last 10 games against the spread.
White Sox vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Lucas Giolito
- The White Sox are 10-15-0 against the spread when Giolito starts.
- The White Sox are 8-10 in Giolito’s 18 starts this season with Chicago as the moneyline favorite.
- Giolito’s team has a 10-15 record in his starts this season.
- Giolito has started 25 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 16 of them.
Projected starter: James Kaprielian
- Kaprielian’s team is 14-8-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team has won 50% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (10-10).
- In games Kaprielian has started, his team is 11-11.
- In Kaprielian’s 22 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 10 times.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Abreu leads the White Sox in runs batted in (65) and has put up a team-best batting average of .310.
- Among hitters in baseball, Abreu ranks 101st in home runs and 48th in RBI.
- Abreu enters this game on a 12-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is batting .341 with three doubles, a walk and five RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn’s 15 home runs and 65 RBI are both team-highs.
- Among all MLB hitters, Vaughn ranks 83rd in home runs and 48th in RBI.
- Vaughn has safely hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .158 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Elvis Andrus has 28 doubles, 12 home runs and 34 walks while hitting .247.
- Andrus has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .333 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Luis Robert is hitting .295 with 18 doubles, 12 home runs and 17 walks.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy is batting .251 with 62 RBI, both of which are best among Oakland hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Murphy ranks 58th in home runs and 63rd in RBI.
- Seth Brown leads Oakland in home runs with 21 while driving in 55 runs and slugging .444.
- Brown ranks 41st among hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 82nd in RBI.
- Brown has safely hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with a double, four home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Tony Kemp is slashing .229/.303/.310 this season for the Athletics.
- Kemp enters this game on a 10-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .308 with three doubles, three walks and six RBI.
- Ramon Laureano has collected 70 hits this season and has an OBP of .296. He’s slugging .384 on the year.
Where To Watch White Sox vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.