The Houston Astros (88-49) and Los Angeles Angels (60-77) clash in AL West action, on Friday at 8:10 PM ET.
The Astros are a home favorite (-230) against the Angels (+195). Lance McCullers Jr. (2-1) is the starter in this one for the Houston Astros. The Los Angeles Angels have yet to tab a starter for this game. The over/under for the game is set at 8 total runs.
Astros vs. Angels Predictions
Astros vs. Angels Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston has a 7-2 record across the nine games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Astros combined with their opponents to go over the run total two times.
- Houston has gone 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Los Angeles has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and won three of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Angels and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Los Angeles has won four of its last 10 games against the spread.
Astros vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Lance McCullers Jr.
- The Astros are 2-2-0 against the spread when McCullers starts.
- The Astros have been the moneyline favorite in three of McCullers’ starts this season, and they went 2-1 in those matchups.
- McCullers’ team has a 2-2 record in his starts this season.
- McCullers’ team has not hit the over in any of his four starts with a set total this season.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Alex Bregman is batting .267 with 34 doubles, 20 home runs and 76 walks.
- In baseball, Bregman ranks 49th in homers and 25th in RBI.
- Bregman has safely hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with four walks and an RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez has put his power on display as he leads his team with 31 home runs with a team-high .289 batting average.
- Among all MLB hitters, Alvarez ranks 10th in homers and 16th in RBI.
- Jose Altuve is batting .287 with 33 doubles, 24 home runs and 57 walks.
- Kyle Tucker’s 88 runs batted in pace his team.
- Tucker enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Shohei Ohtani leads Los Angeles in home runs with 33, runs batted in with 86 and his batting average of .267 is also best on his team.
- Ohtani ranks fifth in home runs and 13th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Mike Trout has collected 98 hits this season and has an OBP of .367. He’s slugging .615 on the year.
- Trout currently ranks seventh in homers and 61st in RBI in the big leagues.
- Trout brings a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with a double, four home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Taylor Ward has 105 hits this season and a slash line of .261/.350/.435.
- Ward has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .235 with a double, three walks and two RBI.
- Luis Rengifo has 105 hits and an OBP of .305 to go with a slugging percentage of .433 this season.
- Rengifo takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .409 with a double, a triple and an RBI.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.