The Virginia Cavaliers (1-0) will look to upset the Illinois Fighting Illini (1-1) on Saturday, September 10, 2022 at Memorial Stadium (Champaign, IL). The Fighting Illini are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 4.5 points. An over/under of 53.5 points has been set for the outing.
Illinois vs. Virginia Predictions
Illinois vs. Virginia Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Illinois vs. Virginia Betting Trends
- Illinois has covered the spread once in two games with a set spread.
- The Fighting Illini have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- This season, Illinois’ games have hit the over once.
- Illinois has been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won.
- Illinois has played as a moneyline favorite of -199 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Virginia is winless against the spread this season (0-1-0).
- Games involving Virginia have yet to hit the over once this season.
- Virginia has not played a game this season while listed as the underdog.
- Virginia has not been a bigger underdog this season than the +162 moneyline set for this game.
Illinois vs. Virginia: Over/Under Trends
- Together, the two teams combine for 63 points per game, 9.5 points more than the over/under of 53.5 for this matchup.
- The 31.5 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 22 fewer than the 53.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Fighting Illini games is 8.5 points fewer than the over/under of 53.5 points in this contest.
- A difference of seven points separates the average total points bet in Cavaliers’ games (60.5 points) and this matchup’s over/under (53.5 points).
Illinois Players to Watch
- Tommy DeVito has thrown for 426 yards (213 ypg) to lead Illinois, completing 66.7% of his passes and collecting four touchdown passes and one interception this season.
- Chase Brown has carried the ball 55 times for a team-high 350 yards (175 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Reggie Love III has racked up eight carries for 53 yards (26.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- Isaiah Williams’ team-high 138 receiving yards (69 yards per game) have come on 16 receptions with one touchdown.
- Pat Bryant has grabbed five passes for 87 yards (43.5 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Brian Hightower’s eight receptions are good enough for 75 yards (37.5 ypg) and one touchdown.
Virginia Players to Watch
- This season Perris Jones has rushed for 104 yards (104 per game) on 19 carries with one touchdown.
- Lavel Davis’ 89 receiving yards (89 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s registered four receptions and one touchdown.
- Keytaon Thompson has recorded 55 receiving yards (55 yards per game), hauling in four passes this year.
- Dontayvion Wicks’ six receptions have yielded 47 yards (47 ypg).
Where To Watch Illinois vs. Virginia
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.