The Texas Longhorns (0-0) will look to upset the Alabama Crimson Tide (0-0) on Saturday, September 10, 2022 at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. The Crimson Tide are heavy favorites in this one, with the line sitting at 20 points. The over/under in this outing is 61.5 points.
Alabama vs. Texas Predictions
Alabama vs. Texas Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Alabama vs. Texas Betting Trends
- Alabama was 8-6-0 against the spread last season.
- The Crimson Tide had an ATS record of 3-4 as 20-point favorites or more last year.
- There were five Alabama games (out of 15) that hit the over last year.
- Alabama won all nine of the games it was listed as the moneyline favorite last season.
- Alabama won all four games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -1500 or shorter.
- Texas posted a 5-7-0 record against the spread last season.
- There were five Texas games (out of 12) that hit the over last year.
- Last season, Texas was listed as the underdog in four games and failed to win any of those contests.
- Texas was not a bigger underdog last season than the +767 moneyline set for this game.
Alabama vs. Texas: Over/Under Trends
- Alabama games finished with more than 61.5 points times last season.
- Last season, Texas games featured more than 61.5 points scored.
- These two teams scored a combined average of 75.2 points per game last season, higher than the total for this matchup by 13.7 points.
- The over/under for this game is set at 61.5 points, 10.3 points higher than the two teams’ opponents scoring average from last season.
- Crimson Tide games last season posted an average total of 61.3, which is 0.2 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
- Longhorns games averaged 59.5 total points last season, 2.0 fewer than the total for this matchup.
Alabama Players to Watch
- Bryce Young put up a passing stat line last year of 4,865 passing yards with a 67% completion rate (367-of-548), 47 touchdowns, seven interceptions, and an average of 324.3 yards per game.
- Brian Robinson Jr. went to work last year, rushing for 1,334 yards on 269 carries (88.9 yards per game) and scoring 14 touchdowns. Robinson collected 19.7 receiving yards per game with 36 catches for 296 yards and two touchdowns as well.
- Trey Sanders ran for 320 yards on 73 carries (21.3 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns last year.
- In the previous season, Jameson Williams grabbed 79 passes for 1,572 yards (104.8 yards per game). He also found the end zone for 15 touchdowns.
- John Metchie also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He grabbed 96 receptions for 1,135 yards and eight touchdowns. He produced 75.7 receiving yards per game.
- Cameron Latu’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 410 yards, 26 catches, eight touchdowns, and 27.3 yards per game.
Texas Players to Watch
- Casey Thompson averaged 176.1 passing yards per outing and tossed 24 touchdowns last season. In addition, he added four more touchdowns on 13.1 yards rushing per game.
- Bijan Robinson averaged 93.9 rushing yards per game and accumulated 11 rushing touchdowns last year. Bijan Robinson complemented his performance on the ground with 2.2 receptions per game to average 24.6 receiving yards.
- Roschon Johnson rushed for 569 yards and five touchdowns last season.
- Xavier Worthy averaged 83.2 yards on 5.2 receptions per game and compiled 12 receiving touchdowns in 2021.
- Jordan Whittington averaged 31.4 receiving yards per game in 2021, scoring three touchdowns.
Where To Watch Alabama vs. Texas
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.