Oddsmakers give the Indianapolis Colts (0-0) the edge when they visit the Houston Texans (0-0) on Sunday, September 11, 2022 in a matchup between AFC South opponents at NRG Stadium. Indianapolis is favored by 8 points. The over/under is 45.5.
Colts vs. Texans Predictions
Colts vs. Texans Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Colts and Texans: Betting Trends
- The Colts had 10 wins in 17 games against the spread last season.
- As 8-point favorites or more, the Colts went 3-3 against the spread last year.
- Out of 17 Colts games last year, eight went over the total.
- The Colts won five of the eight games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (62.5%).
- The Colts had a 4-2 record last year (winning 66.7% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -377 or shorter.
- The Colts have an implied moneyline win probability of 79.0% in this contest.
- The Texans had eight wins in 17 games against the spread last season.
- The Texans went 6-7 as underdogs of 8 points or greater last season.
- In 17 Texans games last year, eight of them hit the over.
- Last season, the Texans were the underdog 16 times and won four, or 25%, of those games.
- Last season, the Texans won two of their 12 games, or 16.7%, when they were the underdog by at least +297 on the moneyline.
- Colts games finished with more than 45.5 points seven times last season.
- There were eight Texans games last year with more than 45.5 points scored.
- Last year’s combined scoring average for these two teams (43 points per game) is 2.5 fewer than the total for this contest.
- These two teams allowed a combined 48.1 points per game a year ago, 2.6 higher than the total for this matchup.
- The point total average for Colts games last season was 46.7, 1.2 more points than the over/under for this matchup.
- Games involving the Texans last year averaged 44.5 points per game, a 1.0-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
Colts Players to Watch
- Jonathan Taylor was the No. 9 fantasy player overall and the No. 1 fantasy RB in 2021 with 333.1 points (averaging 19.6 per game).
- Taylor’s 333.1 total fantasy points a season ago (an average of 19.6 per game), were enough to rank him ninth overall and first among RBs.
- Last year, Matt Ryan finished 47th overall and 35th among QBs with 224.9 fantasy points (averaging 13.2 per game).
- Ryan was the 53rd-ranked fantasy player — and the 39th-ranked QB — in 2021 with 222.9 fantasy points. He averaged 13.1 fantasy points per game.
Texans Players to Watch
- Davis Mills’ stellar 2021 fantasy campaign saw him collect 159.0 fantasy points (9.4 per game) and finish 119th overall among all players and 53rd among all QBs.
- Mills placed 56th among QBs and 124th league-wide in fantasy standings after totaling 157.0 fantasy points (12.1 per game) last season.
- Last year, Brandin Cooks’ 141.8 total fantasy points made him the No. 39 WR and the No. 153 fantasy player overall after he averaged 8.9 fantasy points per game.
- Cooks finished 39th among WRs and 153rd overall last season in fantasy rankings. He totaled 141.8 fantasy points (8.3 per game).
Where To Watch Colts vs. Texans
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.