The Toronto Blue Jays (70-59) visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (49-81) to open a three-game series at PNC Park, with first pitch at 6:35 PM ET on Friday. The Blue Jays are on the back of a series victory over the Cubs, and the Pirates a series loss to the Brewers.
The Blue Jays are away from home and big favorites (-247) against the Pirates (+206). The scheduled starters are Alek Manoah (12-7) for the Toronto Blue Jays, and Johan Oviedo (2-1) for the Pittsburgh Pirates. The over/under for the game is 8 total runs.
Blue Jays vs. Pirates Predictions
Blue Jays vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Blue Jays vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Toronto was the moneyline favorite in nine of its last 10 games, and finished 5-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Blue Jays and their opponents combined to hit the over five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Toronto’s ATS record is 2-8-0 over its past 10 games.
- In nine games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Pittsburgh has a record of 2-7.
- The Pirates and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Pittsburgh has won three of its last 10 games against the spread.
Blue Jays vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Alek Manoah
- The Blue Jays have gone 9-16-0 against the spread when Manoah starts.
- The Blue Jays have a 12-11 record in Manoah’s 23 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Manoah’s team has put together a 13-12 record in his 25 starts.
- Manoah’s starts went over the run total eight times in 25 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Johan Oviedo
- Oviedo and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Oviedo’s team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Oviedo with a total this season hit the under.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has a team-high 27 home runs and 80 runs batted in.
- Guerrero ranks 15th in homers and 15th in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Guerrero enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- George Springer is batting .266 with 17 doubles, three triples, 19 home runs and 42 walks.
- Among all MLB batters, Springer ranks 44th in homers and 73rd in RBI.
- Alejandro Kirk paces the Blue Jays with a team-high batting average of .296.
- Kirk heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .167 with a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Bo Bichette is hitting .260 with 32 doubles, 17 home runs and 33 walks.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds is batting .256 with 21 home runs and 48 RBI. All three of those stats are tops among Pittsburgh hitters this season.
- Reynolds’ home run total ranks 36th in the big leagues, and he is 109th in RBI.
- Reynolds has hit safely in four straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with a triple and a walk.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has collected 102 hits this season and has an OBP of .312. He’s slugging .348 on the year.
- Hayes ranks 231st overall in homers and 189th in RBI this season.
- Ben Gamel is slashing .243/.326/.380 this season for the Pirates.
- Michael Chavis has 82 hits and an OBP of .274 to go with a slugging percentage of .416 this season.
Where To Watch Blue Jays vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.