The San Francisco Giants (61-68) take a seven-game losing run into a home matchup versus the Philadelphia Phillies (73-58), at 10:15 PM ET on Friday.
The Giants are a home favorite (-130) against the Phillies (+110). The starting pitchers are Alex Cobb (4-6) for the San Francisco Giants, and Kyle Gibson (9-5) for the Philadelphia Phillies. The game’s total is set at 8.
Giants vs. Phillies Predictions
Giants vs. Phillies Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Giants vs. Phillies Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Francisco went 2-3 over the five games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Giants and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
- San Francisco has a 4-6-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Over the past 10 games, sportsbooks have not installed Philadelphia as the underdog once.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Phillies and their opponents are 6-4-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Philadelphia is 6-4-0 against the spread.
Giants vs. Phillies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Alex Cobb
- The Giants have an 8-13-0 record against the spread in Cobb’s starts.
- The Giants have been favored on the moneyline in 16 of Cobb’s starts this season, and they went 7-9 in those games.
- Cobb’s team has won seven of his 21 starts.
- Cobb has started 21 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 10 of them.
Projected starter: Kyle Gibson
- Gibson and his team are 18-7-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Philadelphia has a record of 7-5 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Gibson’s team has won 15 of his 25 starts.
- Games Gibson has started this season hit the over 10 times in 25 chances.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Wilmer Flores has racked up a team-high 60 runs batted in.
- Flores ranks 64th in homers and 58th in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Thairo Estrada has a club-leading .260 batting average.
- Estrada ranks 136th in home runs and 89th in RBI among MLB batters this season.
- Estrada heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .375 with a double, four walks and two RBI.
- Joc Pederson leads the Giants with 20 home runs.
- Pederson has hit safely in six games in a row. During his last 10 games he is hitting .375 with a double, three home runs, three walks and seven RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski is hitting .203 with 22 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 51 walks.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Rhys Hoskins has been key for Philadelphia with 26 home runs, 66 RBI and a batting average of .251 this season.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Hoskins’ home run total is 18th, and his RBI total is 35th.
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in home runs with 36 and runs batted in with 78.
- Schwarber currently is second in home runs and 18th in RBI in the big leagues.
- J.T. Realmuto has 109 hits this season and a slash line of .270/.340/.457.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia with a batting average of .290. He’s also hit 10 home runs with 60 RBI.
Where To Watch Giants vs. Phillies
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.