The Cincinnati Reds (51-78) are looking for Jonathan India to prolong a 14-game hitting streak against the Colorado Rockies (56-76) on Friday at 6:40 PM ET, at Great American Ball Park.
The Reds (-115 on the moneyline) take the field against the Rockies (-105) in a projected close matchup. The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Cincinnati Reds looking to Luis Cessa (3-2), and Kyle Freeland (7-9) answering the bell for the Colorado Rockies. The game’s total is set at 9.5.
Reds vs. Rockies Predictions
Reds vs. Rockies Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Reds vs. Rockies Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Cincinnati has been named the moneyline favorite by bookmakers just once over the last 10 games, and lost that matchup.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Reds and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
- Cincinnati has put together a 4-6-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Colorado has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- The Rockies and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Colorado has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Reds vs. Rockies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Luis Cessa
- The Reds have gone 1-2-0 against the spread when Cessa starts.
- The Reds have not been favored on the moneyline when Cessa starts this season.
- Cessa’s team has a 1-2 record in his starts this season.
- Cessa has started three contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in one of them.
Projected starter: Kyle Freeland
- Freeland and his team have a record of 16-9-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 50% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 11-11.
- Freeland’s team has won 12 of his 25 starts this season.
- Games started by Freeland have a 12-11-2 record at hitting the over this season.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Kyle Farmer has racked up a team-high batting average of .260 while leading the Reds in runs batted in (59).
- In baseball, Farmer ranks 179th in home runs and 64th in RBI.
- India is batting .261 with 14 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 19 walks.
- India ranks 179th in home runs among hitters in MLB action and 232nd in RBI.
- India brings a 14-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .378 with three doubles, a triple, seven walks and four RBI.
- Nick Senzel is hitting .243 with 11 doubles, four home runs and 24 walks.
- Donovan Solano is hitting .316 with 12 doubles, three home runs and 14 walks.
Rockies Batting Leaders
- C.J. Cron is batting .272 this season with a team-high 24 home runs and 86 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Cron’s home run total is 23rd, and his RBI total is seventh.
- Cron heads into this game on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .282 with a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Brendan Rodgers has 129 hits and an OBP of .327 to go with a slugging percentage of .420 this season.
- Rodgers currently ranks 138th in homers and 58th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Charlie Blackmon has 122 hits this season and a slash line of .268/.318/.432.
- Jose Iglesias leads Colorado with a batting average of .301. He’s also hit three home runs with 47 RBI.
Where To Watch Reds vs. Rockies
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.