Nelson Cruz is only three hits away from his 100th of the campaign as his Washington Nationals (43-86) face the Oakland Athletics (49-81) on Wednesday at 7:05 PM ET.
The Athletics are projected as a close favorite (-116 to win on the moneyline) against the Nationals (-104). The scheduled starters are James Kaprielian (3-8) for the Oakland Athletics, and Anibal Sanchez (0-5) for the Washington Nationals. The matchup has an over/under of 8.5 total runs.
Athletics vs. Nationals Predictions
Athletics vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Athletics vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Over the last 10 games, Oakland was listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers only one time, a game it won.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Athletics and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
- Oakland’s record against the spread is 7-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and won four of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
- Washington has a record of 6-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Athletics vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: James Kaprielian
- The Athletics are 14-7-0 ATS in Kaprielian’s 21 starts with a set spread.
- The Athletics have always been the moneyline underdog when Kaprielian starts this season.
- Kaprielian’s team has an 11-10 record in his starts this season.
- Kaprielian has had 21 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 10 of those outings finished over the total.
Projected starter: Aníbal Sánchez
- When Sánchez starts, his team is 4-4-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has won 37.5% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (3-5).
- Sánchez’s team has won three of his eight starts.
- Games started by Sánchez have a 2-5-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads the Athletics with 17 home runs and 58 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-best batting average of .258.
- Among batters in baseball, Murphy ranks 56th in homers and 64th in RBI.
- Murphy brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Seth Brown has hit 17 home runs to lead his team.
- Among all MLB batters, Brown ranks 56th in homers and 92nd in RBI.
- Tony Kemp is hitting .226 with 21 doubles, four home runs and 38 walks.
- Kemp brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two doubles, two walks and three RBI.
- Chad Pinder is hitting .236 with 16 doubles, 10 home runs and 12 walks.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Cruz leads Washington in runs batted in with 63 and has a batting average of .233.
- Cruz’s home run total ranks 152nd in MLB, and he is 48th in RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez has 120 hits and an OBP of .305 to go with a slugging percentage of .311 this season.
- Hernandez ranks 411th overall in homers and 247th in RBI this season.
- Hernandez brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with a double and a walk.
- Keibert Ruiz’s batting average of .247 leads all Washington hitters this season.
- Ruiz takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .313 with two doubles and a walk.
- Lane Thomas is batting .242 with an OBP of .290 and a slugging percentage of .411 this season.
Where To Watch Athletics vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.