Teoscar Hernandez is only one hit away from his 100th of the campaign as his Toronto Blue Jays (68-58) prep for the Chicago Cubs (55-73) on Monday at 7:07 PM ET.
The favored Blue Jays (-228 on the moneyline) play at home against the Cubs (+191). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Toronto Blue Jays looking to Jose Berrios (9-5), and Javier Assad getting the nod for the Chicago Cubs. The matchup has an over/under set at 9.5 total runs.
Blue Jays vs. Cubs Predictions
Blue Jays vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Blue Jays vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Toronto has a 4-3 record from the seven games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Blue Jays and their opponents combined to go over the total five times.
- Toronto has a 4-6-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and has won four of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Cubs and their opponents are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Chicago has won five of its last 10 games against the spread.
Blue Jays vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: José Berríos
- The Blue Jays have a 13-12-0 record against the spread in Berrios’ starts.
- The Blue Jays are 15-5 in Berrios’ 20 starts this season with Toronto as the moneyline favorite.
- Berrios’ team has won 18 of his 25 starts.
- Berrios’ starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 15 of 25 games.
Projected starter: Javier Assad
- Assad helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Assad’s team won in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Assad with a total this season hit the under.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads the Blue Jays with 26 home runs and 78 runs batted in.
- Guerrero’s home runs rank 17th in MLB and he ranks 16th in RBI in MLB.
- George Springer is batting .275 with 17 doubles, three triples, 19 home runs and 41 walks.
- Springer ranks 42nd in homers and 68th in RBI among hitters in MLB play.
- Springer brings a 12-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .472 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, four walks and eight RBI.
- Alejandro Kirk has accumulated a team-high batting average of .296.
- Bo Bichette has 31 doubles, 17 home runs and 32 walks while hitting .262.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in runs batted in with 62 and has a batting average of .279.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Happ is 71st in home runs and 48th in RBI.
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in batting with a .292 average while slugging eight homers and driving in 44 runs.
- Hoerner is 171st in home runs and 124th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Hoerner has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .421 with a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Willson Contreras is slugging .461 this season, with a team-high 20 home runs. He’s also collected 52 RBI.
- Seiya Suzuki has 79 hits and an OBP of .331 to go with a slugging percentage of .419 this season.
- Suzuki brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .385 with two doubles, five walks and an RBI.
Where To Watch Blue Jays vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.