The Houston Astros (81-45) will look to Trey Mancini, riding a two-game homer streak, against the Baltimore Orioles (65-59) at 8:10 PM ET on Friday, at Minute Maid Park.
The Astros are a home favorite (-229) against the Orioles (+185). The Houston Astros will give the start to Lance McCullers Jr. (1-1, 2.45 ERA), who is looking for win No. 2 on the season, and the Orioles will turn to Kyle Bradish (1-5, 6.25 ERA). The contest has a set total of 8.5.
Astros vs. Orioles Predictions
Astros vs. Orioles Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Orioles Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston was favored on the moneyline in seven of its last 10 games, and went 5-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
- Houston has gone 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In nine games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Baltimore has a record of 6-3.
- The Orioles and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Baltimore has a record of 7-3-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Astros vs. Orioles Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Lance McCullers Jr.
- McCullers has started two games with set spreads, and the Astros went 1-1-0.
- The Astros were the moneyline favorite for one McCullers start this season — they won.
- His team split the two matchups he’s appeared in this season.
- McCullers’ two starts with a total this season finished 0-1-1 against the total.
Projected starter: Kyle Bradish
- Bradish and his team are 11-4-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 57.1% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 8-6.
- Bradish’s team has won nine of his 15 starts.
- Out of Bradish’s 15 starts with a total this season, nine have hit the over.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Alex Bregman has 34 doubles, 19 home runs and 67 walks while hitting .267.
- Among hitters in baseball, Bregman ranks 42nd in home runs and 17th in RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez has hit 31 home runs while batting .294. Both lead his team.
- Alvarez currently ranks fourth in homers and 12th in RBI in the majors.
- Kyle Tucker leads the Astros with 82 runs batted in.
- Tucker has hit safely in 15 games in a row. In his last 10 games he is hitting .357 with five doubles, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Jose Altuve has 28 doubles, 21 home runs and 50 walks while batting .283.
- Altuve takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .421 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
Orioles Batting Leaders
- Cedric Mullins leads Baltimore with a .267 batting average. He’s also hit 11 homers and has 49 RBI.
- In all of MLB, Mullins is 127th in homers and 92nd in RBI.
- Mullins heads into this game on an eight-game hitting streak. In his last nine outings he is hitting .278 with three doubles, a triple, a home run, four walks and an RBI.
- Anthony Santander leads Baltimore in home runs (22) and runs batted in (71) this season while batting .260.
- Santander currently is 29th in home runs and 26th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Austin Hays is slashing .254/.312/.428 this season for the Orioles.
- Ryan Mountcastle has collected 107 hits this season and has an OBP of .298. He’s slugging .433 on the year.
- Mountcastle brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a home run, a walk and four RBI.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Orioles
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.