Ha-Seong Kim has 99 hits, and will try to notch his 100th when the San Diego Padres (68-58) play the Kansas City Royals (51-75) on Friday at 8:10 PM ET.
The Royals (+150 underdog on the moneyline) host the Padres (-178). The Padres will start Joe Musgrove (8-6) versus the Royals and Kris Bubic (2-8). The over/under for this game is set at 8.
Padres vs. Royals Predictions
Padres vs. Royals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Padres vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego has a 4-6 record over the 10 games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Padres combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total two times.
- San Diego’s ATS record is 2-8-0 over its past 10 games.
- Kansas City has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and won three of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Royals and their opponents are 5-4-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Kansas City has four wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Padres vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Joe Musgrove
- The Padres have an 11-11-0 record against the spread in Musgrove’s starts.
- The Padres have been the moneyline favorite in 17 of Musgrove’s starts this season, and they went 11-6 in those matchups.
- Over Musgrove’s 22 starts, his team is 14-8.
- Musgrove’s starts hit the over on the run total 12 times in 22 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Kris Bubic
- Bubic and his team have a record of 8-12-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 5-11.
- In games Bubic has started, his team is 7-13.
- Games started by Bubic have a 10-9-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Juan Soto leads the Padres with 23 home runs.
- In MLB action, Soto ranks 25th in homers and 84th in RBI.
- Manny Machado has 76 runs batted in while hitting .297. Both pace his team.
- Machado ranks 29th in home runs and 15th in RBI this year.
- Josh Bell is hitting .277 with 27 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 61 walks.
- Brandon Drury has hit 23 home runs to pace his team.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads Kansas City in home runs with 18, runs batted in with 64 and his batting average of .252 is also best on his team.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Witt Jr. is 43rd in homers and 32nd in RBI.
- Witt Jr. has safely hit in six games in a row. During his last 10 games he is batting .243 with two doubles, a triple, three home runs and seven RBI.
- MJ Melendez has collected 74 hits this season and has an OBP of .321. He’s slugging .412 on the year.
- Melendez ranks 82nd overall in homers and 113th in RBI this season.
- Hunter Dozier has collected 89 base hits, an OBP of .299 and a slugging percentage of .391 this season.
- Salvador Perez has 74 hits and an OBP of .264 to go with a slugging percentage of .436 this season.
- Perez takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a walk and three RBI.
Where To Watch Padres vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.