The Chicago White Sox (63-62) and Arizona Diamondbacks (56-67) square off in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Guaranteed Rate Field, at 8:10 PM ET. The White Sox are coming off a series defeat to the Orioles, and the Diamondbacks a series split with the Royals.
The White Sox are a home favorite (-186) versus the Diamondbacks (+157). The scheduled starters are Johnny Cueto (6-5) for the Chicago White Sox, and Tommy Henry (2-2) for the Arizona Diamondbacks. The game’s total is set at 8.5.
White Sox vs. Diamondbacks Predictions
White Sox vs. Diamondbacks Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
White Sox vs. Diamondbacks Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago was the moneyline favorite in four of its last 10 games, and finished 1-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — nine had a set run total — the White Sox and their opponents combined to go over the total three times.
- Chicago’s record against the spread is 4-5-0 over its past 10 games (bookmakers set spreads in nine of those games).
- Arizona has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and has won three of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Diamondbacks and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Arizona has won five of its last 10 games against the spread.
White Sox vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Johnny Cueto
- When Cueto starts, the White Sox are 7-9-0 against the spread.
- The White Sox have been the moneyline favorite in nine of Cueto’s starts this season, and they went 3-6 in those games.
- Cueto’s team has compiled a 9-8 record in his 17 starts.
- Cueto has had 16 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in five of those outings.
Projected starter: Tommy Henry
- Henry’s team is 2-2-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 1-2.
- Henry’s team has won two of his four starts this season.
- Games Henry has started this season hit the over two times in four chances.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Abreu paces the White Sox with 14 home runs while accumulating a team-high batting average of .310.
- Among hitters in MLB, Abreu ranks 82nd in homers and 51st in RBI.
- Abreu takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .350 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has put his power on display as he paces his team with 14 home runs and 61 runs batted in.
- Vaughn ranks 82nd in home runs and 46th in RBI among hitters in MLB play.
- Vaughn has safely hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .294 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Luis Robert is batting .300 with 18 doubles, 12 home runs and 17 walks.
- Elvis Andrus is hitting .235 with 25 doubles, eight home runs and 31 walks.
- Andrus has safely hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Christian Walker leads Arizona in home runs (30) and runs batted in (72) this season while batting .227.
- Walker ranks seventh in homers and 24th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Walker brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Ketel Marte’s batting average of .254 leads all Arizona hitters this season.
- Marte ranks 142nd overall in homers and 133rd in RBI this year.
- Daulton Varsho is slashing .233/.304/.418 this season for the Diamondbacks.
- Josh Rojas has collected 94 hits this season and has an OBP of .360. He’s slugging .412 on the year.
- Rojas brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with two doubles, four walks and an RBI.
Where To Watch White Sox vs. Diamondbacks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.