The Miami Marlins (52-69) take a four-game losing run into a road contest versus the Oakland Athletics (45-77), at 9:40 PM ET on Monday.
The Marlins are favored (-145 on the moneyline) when they visit the Athletics (+123). The Miami Marlins will give the start to Pablo Lopez (7-8, 3.83 ERA), who is looking for win No. 8 on the season, and the Athletics will turn to Adam Oller (2-5, 6.63 ERA). The over/under for this game is 7.
Marlins vs. Athletics Predictions
Marlins vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Marlins vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Over the last 10 games, Miami has not been named the moneyline favorite by bookmakers.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Marlins and their opponents combined to hit the over two times.
- Miami’s record against the spread is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Oakland has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and won four of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Athletics and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Oakland has won five of its last 10 games against the spread.
Marlins vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Pablo López
- When Lopez starts, the Marlins are 10-14-0 against the spread.
- The Marlins are 8-5 in Lopez’s 13 starts this season with Miami as the moneyline favorite.
- Lopez’s team has a 12-12 record in his starts this season.
- Lopez’s starts went over the run total 14 times in 24 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Adam Oller
- Oller’s team is 5-5-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team is 3-7 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Oller’s team has a 3-7 record in his starts this season.
- Games Oller has started this season hit the over six times in 10 chances.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Jesus Aguilar paces the Marlins with 15 home runs and 48 runs batted in, while putting up a team-best batting average of .236.
- Aguilar ranks 69th in home runs and 93rd in RBI among all hitters in MLB action.
- Miguel Rojas is batting .232 with 14 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 23 walks.
- Rojas ranks 220th in home runs and 215th in RBI this year.
- Jon Berti is batting .265 with 13 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 27 walks.
- Joey Wendle is batting .257 with 15 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 12 walks.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland in batting average (.252) and runs batted in (53) this season while also slugging 16 homers.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Murphy is 55th in home runs and 71st in RBI.
- Murphy enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .389 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
- Seth Brown is slugging .434 this season, with a team-best 17 homers while driving in 49 runs.
- Brown is 50th among batters in the big leagues in home runs, and 87th in RBI.
- Tony Kemp has collected 81 base hits, an OBP of .297 and a slugging percentage of .307 this season.
- Kemp has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a walk and two RBI.
- Chad Pinder has collected 68 hits this season and has an OBP of .263. He’s slugging .394 on the year.
Where To Watch Marlins vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.