The Pittsburgh Pirates (45-70) bring a four-game losing streak into a matchup versus the Boston Red Sox (57-59), at 7:05 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Red Sox are favored away from home (-130) versus the Pirates (+110). The Boston Red Sox will hand the ball to Nick Pivetta (8-9, 4.51 ERA), who is looking for win No. 9 on the season, and the Pirates will turn to Mitch Keller (4-8, 4.25 ERA). The matchup has an over/under of 9 total runs.
Red Sox vs. Pirates Predictions
Red Sox vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Red Sox vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston has a 2-3 record across the five games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Red Sox and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Boston is 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Pittsburgh has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Pirates and their opponents are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Pittsburgh has four wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Red Sox vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Nick Pivetta
- The Red Sox have a 12-11-0 ATS record in Pivetta’s 23 starts with a set spread.
- The Red Sox are 6-4 in Pivetta’s 10 starts this season with Boston as the moneyline favorite.
- Pivetta’s team has an 11-12 record in his starts this season.
- Pivetta has had 23 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 14 of those games finished over the total.
Projected starter: Mitch Keller
- Keller’s team is 10-10-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team is 5-11 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Keller’s team has won six of his 20 starts.
- Out of Keller’s 20 starts with a total this season, eight have hit the over.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with 25 home runs and 62 runs batted in, while putting up a team-best batting average of .305.
- In MLB play, Devers ranks 13th in home runs and 28th in RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is batting .303 with 31 doubles, nine home runs and 42 walks.
- Bogaerts ranks 152nd in home runs among hitters in baseball and 73rd in RBI.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .275 with 29 doubles, seven home runs and 27 walks.
- Tommy Pham has 16 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 44 walks while hitting .242.
- Pham has safely hit in seven games in a row. In his last 10 games he is batting .267 with four doubles, three home runs, two walks and nine RBI.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds is batting .259 with 17 home runs and 40 RBI. All three of those stats rank first among Pittsburgh hitters this season.
- Reynolds’ home run total ranks 40th in the big leagues, and he is 132nd in RBI.
- Reynolds brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has collected 98 hits this season and has an OBP of .323. He’s slugging .358 on the year.
- Hayes is 213th among hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 169th in RBI.
- Hayes enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Ben Gamel has 61 hits this season and a slash line of .236/.329/.372.
- Michael Chavis is batting .245 with an OBP of .278 and a slugging percentage of .416 this season.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.