The San Diego Padres (64-52) are looking for continued power from a slugger on a roll versus the Washington Nationals (38-77) on Sunday at 12:05 PM ET, at Nationals Park. Trent Grisham is on a two-game homer streak.
The Nationals are a big underdog (+235 on the moneyline to win) when they take on the Padres (-289). The Padres will start Blake Snell (4-6) against the Nationals and Paolo Espino (0-4). The matchup has an over/under set at 9 total runs.
Padres vs. Nationals Predictions
Padres vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Padres vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego was the moneyline favorite in seven of its last 10 games, and went 4-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Padres and their opponents combined to go over the run total seven times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- San Diego is 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Washington has a record of 2-8.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Nationals and their opponents are 6-2-2 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Washington has three wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Padres vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Blake Snell
- The Padres are 6-9-0 ATS in Snell’s 15 starts that had a set spread.
- The Padres have a 4-6 record in Snell’s 10 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- In Snell’s 15 starts, his team is 5-10.
- Snell has had 15 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in six of those outings.
Projected starter: Paolo Espino
- When Espino starts, his team is 7-4-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has been victorious in 40% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 4-6.
- Espino’s team has won four of his 11 starts.
- In Espino’s 11 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over six times.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Juan Soto has 20 doubles, two triples, 22 home runs and 99 walks while batting .256.
- Soto ranks 24th in homers and 72nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Soto takes a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .381 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Manny Machado’s .298 batting average leads his team.
- Machado ranks 27th in homers and 18th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Machado brings a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .435 with five doubles, two home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
- Josh Bell has 25 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 57 walks while hitting .290.
- Brandon Drury’s 23 home runs and 71 runs batted in both lead his team.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Nelson Cruz leads Washington in runs batted in with 53 and has a batting average of .236.
- Among all batters in MLB, Cruz’s home run total is 162nd, and his RBI total is 59th.
- Cesar Hernandez has 108 hits and an OBP of .307 to go with a slugging percentage of .309 this season.
- Among all major league hitters, Hernandez ranks 401st in home runs and 232nd in RBI.
- Keibert Ruiz’s batting average of .245 leads all Washington hitters this season.
- Ruiz has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .294 with two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Luke Voit leads Washington in home runs with 15 while driving in 51 runs and slugging .418.
Where To Watch Padres vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.