The Oakland Athletics (41-68) are looking for another big outing from a slugger on a hot streak against the Los Angeles Angels (46-63) on Monday at 9:40 PM ET, at Oakland Coliseum. Seth Brown is currently on a two-game homer streak.
The favored Athletics (-125 moneyline odds to win) play at home against the Angels (+106). The scheduled starters are Cole Irvin (6-8) for the Oakland Athletics, and Jose Suarez (3-4) for the Los Angeles Angels. The total for this game is set at 7.
Athletics vs. Angels Predictions
Athletics vs. Angels Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Athletics vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Oakland has not been the moneyline favorite in the last 10 games.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Athletics and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
- Oakland has gone 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In five games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Los Angeles has a record of 2-3.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Angels and their opponents are 5-4-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Over its last 10 games, Los Angeles is 5-5-0 against the spread.
Athletics vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Cole Irvin
- The Athletics are 8-11-0 against the spread when Irvin starts.
- The Athletics were the moneyline favorite for two Irvin starts this season — they split the games.
- Irvin’s team has won seven of his 19 starts.
- Irvin has had 19 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and five of those outings hit the over.
Projected starter: José Suarez
- Suarez’s team is 5-6-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team has won 14.3% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (1-6).
- Suarez’s team has won five of his 11 starts this season.
- In games Suarez has started this season, the teams are 4-7-0 at hitting the over.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads the Athletics in runs batted in (48) and has racked up a team-best batting average of .251.
- In MLB action, Murphy ranks 76th in homers and 69th in RBI.
- Murphy enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .474 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and seven RBI.
- Brown has shown off his power as he paces his team with 17 home runs and 48 RBI.
- Brown ranks 40th in home runs among hitters in baseball and 69th in RBI.
- Brown has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a double, two home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .240 with 23 doubles, seven home runs and 29 walks.
- Ramon Laureano has 16 doubles, 12 home runs and 25 walks while batting .220.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Shohei Ohtani leads Los Angeles in home runs with 24 and runs batted in with 65.
- Ohtani ranks 11th in homers and 19th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Taylor Ward is batting .273 to lead Los Angeles, while adding 14 homers and 38 runs batted in this season.
- Ward is 64th in homers and 128th in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Ward takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .273 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
- Jared Walsh has collected 86 base hits, an OBP of .276 and a slugging percentage of .400 this season.
- Luis Rengifo has collected 73 hits this season and has an OBP of .312. He’s slugging .405 on the year.
Where To Watch Athletics vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.