The Washington Nationals (36-74) bring a five-game losing streak into a home contest versus the Chicago Cubs (43-64), at 8:05 PM ET on Monday.
The Cubs are favored (-185 on the moneyline) when they host the Nationals (+157). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Chicago Cubs looking to Keegan Thompson (8-5), and Anibal Sanchez (0-4) getting the nod for the Washington Nationals.
Cubs vs. Nationals Predictions
Cubs vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cubs vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Chicago has been listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers only twice, and it split those games.
- In their last 10 outings — 12 had a set run total — the Cubs and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total three times.
- Chicago has gone 5-7-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Washington has a record of 2-8.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Nationals and their opponents are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Washington has won three of its last 10 games against the spread.
Cubs vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Keegan Thompson
- The Cubs have an 8-6-0 ATS record in Thompson’s 14 starts with a set spread.
- The Cubs have been favored on the moneyline in six of Thompson’s starts this season, and they went 3-3 in those matchups.
- Thompson’s team has a 7-7 record in his starts this season.
- Thompson’s starts hit the over on the run total six times in 14 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Aníbal Sánchez
- Sánchez and his team are 1-3-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- He has started four games with his team as the moneyline underdog, and lost each time.
- Sánchez’s team is winless in the four games he’s started this season.
- In games Sánchez has started this season, the teams are 1-2-1 at hitting the over.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Willson Contreras is hitting .250 with 21 doubles, two triples, 16 home runs and 38 walks.
- Among hitters in MLB, Contreras ranks 41st in homers and 101st in RBI.
- Ian Happ has 27 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 44 walks while hitting .275.
- Happ currently ranks 140th in home runs and 81st in RBI in the bigs.
- Nico Hoerner paces the Cubs with a .295 batting average.
- Patrick Wisdom’s 20 home runs and 52 RBI are both team-highs.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Nelson Cruz leads Washington in runs batted in with 52 and has a batting average of .232.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Cruz is 157th in home runs and 51st in RBI.
- Cruz brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .235 with three walks.
- Cesar Hernandez has 102 hits and an OBP of .305 to go with a slugging percentage of .307 this season.
- Among all major league hitters, Hernandez is 398th in home runs and 242nd in RBI.
- Luke Voit leads Washington in home runs with 14. He’s driven in 50 runs and is slugging .428.
- Voit takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .400 with a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Keibert Ruiz leads Washington with a batting average of .243. He’s also hit four home runs with 25 RBI.
Where To Watch Cubs vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.