Nestor Cortes Jr.’s New York Yankees (70-36) take on the St. Louis Cardinals (57-48) on Friday at Busch Stadium, as he tries to earn his 10th win of the season. It starts at 8:15 PM ET.
The Yankees are favored (-144 moneyline odds to win) when they take the field at the Cardinals (+123). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Yankees looking to Nestor Cortes (9-3), and Dakota Hudson (6-6) answering the bell for the St. Louis Cardinals. The matchup has an over/under set at 8.5 total runs.
Yankees vs. Cardinals Predictions
Yankees vs. Cardinals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Yankees vs. Cardinals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was the moneyline favorite in nine of its last 10 games, and finished 5-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Yankees combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total six times.
- New York’s record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- St. Louis has been the underdog twice in the last 10 games and split those matchups 1-1.
- In their last 12 games with a total, the Cardinals and their opponents are 4-8-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- St. Louis has seven wins against the spread in its last 12 chances.
Yankees vs. Cardinals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Nestor Cortes
- The Yankees have gone 11-8-0 against the spread when Cortes starts.
- The Yankees have been favored on the moneyline in 19 of Cortes’ starts this season, and they went 14-5 in those games.
- In Cortes’ 19 starts, his team is 14-5.
- Cortes has had 19 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in nine of those outings.
Projected starter: Dakota Hudson
- Hudson and his team are 10-9-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, St. Louis has a record of 5-6 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Hudson’s team has an 8-11 record in his starts this season.
- In Hudson’s 19 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over nine times.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Aaron Judge leads the Yankees with 43 home runs and 93 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in baseball, Judge ranks first in home runs and first in RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has 16 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 48 walks while batting .227.
- Rizzo ranks sixth in homers and 14th in RBI among MLB batters this season.
- DJ LeMahieu has 16 doubles, 11 home runs and 57 walks while hitting .289.
- Andrew Benintendi is batting .305 to lead his team.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in batting average (.332), home runs (26) and runs batted in (82) this season.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Goldschmidt’s home run total is seventh, and his RBI total is fourth.
- Goldschmidt takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .293 with an OBP of .363 and a slugging percentage of .540 this season.
- Arenado is 18th among batters in the majors in home runs, and 19th in RBI.
- Arenado has hit safely in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with a double, three home runs, four walks and four RBI.
- Tommy Edman has collected 103 base hits, an OBP of .324 and a slugging percentage of .372 this season.
- Dylan Carlson is batting .247 with an OBP of .315 and a slugging percentage of .409 this season.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. Cardinals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.