The Chicago Cubs (41-63) and Miami Marlins (48-57) square off in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Wrigley Field, at 2:20 PM ET. The Cubs are coming off a series defeat to the Cardinals, and the Marlins a series loss to the Reds.
The Cubs are favored (-140 on the moneyline to win) when they square off against the Marlins (+119). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Chicago Cubs looking to Justin Steele (4-7), and Edward Cabrera (2-1) answering the bell for the Miami Marlins. The total in the game is set at 7.5 total runs.
Cubs vs. Marlins Predictions
Cubs vs. Marlins Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cubs vs. Marlins Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago was named the moneyline favorite by oddsmakers only two times in the last 10 games, and won both matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (12 of them had set totals), the Cubs and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
- Chicago’s record against the spread is 6-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- In six games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Miami has a record of 1-5.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Marlins and their opponents are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Miami has two wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Cubs vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Justin Steele
- When Steele starts, the Cubs have gone 8-11-0 against the spread.
- The Cubs have been the moneyline favorite in six of Steele’s starts this season, and they went 1-5 in those games.
- Steele’s team has compiled a 7-12 record in his 19 starts.
- Steele’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 10 of 19 contests.
Projected starter: Edward Cabrera
- Cabrera and his team are 2-1-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Cabrera’s team is 2-1 when he starts this season.
- The teams have gone over the point total set by oddsmakers in each of the three games Cabrera has started this season.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Willson Contreras is batting .253 with 21 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 38 walks.
- Contreras ranks 47th in home runs and 115th in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Ian Happ is batting .273 with 25 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 42 walks.
- Happ ranks 136th in home runs and 74th in RBI this season.
- Nico Hoerner has put up a team-high batting average of .292.
- Patrick Wisdom has shown off his power as he leads his team with 20 home runs and 52 runs batted in.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Jesus Aguilar is batting .243 with 13 home runs and 44 RBI for Miami this season.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Aguilar is 72nd in homers and 86th in RBI.
- Aguilar has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .133 with a double, a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Miguel Rojas has 76 hits and an OBP of .284 to go with a slugging percentage of .344 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Rojas ranks 197th in homers and 196th in RBI.
- Garrett Cooper leads Miami with a .278 batting average while slugging seven homers and driving in 42 runs.
- Joey Wendle has 51 hits and an OBP of .314 to go with a slugging percentage of .368 this season.
Where To Watch Cubs vs. Marlins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.