J.D. Martinez has 99 hits, and will try to notch his 100th when the Boston Red Sox (53-53) play the Kansas City Royals (41-64) on Thursday at 8:10 PM ET.
The Red Sox are a favorite (-134) against the Royals (+114). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Boston Red Sox looking to Nick Pivetta (8-8), and Kris Bubic (2-6) answering the bell for the Kansas City Royals. The total in the game is set at 8.5 total runs.
Red Sox vs. Royals Predictions
Red Sox vs. Royals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Red Sox vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston has a 1-2 record over the three games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Red Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total three times.
- Boston’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Kansas City has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Royals and their opponents are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Kansas City has four wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Red Sox vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Nick Pivetta
- The Red Sox have gone 12-9-0 ATS in Pivetta’s 21 starts with a set spread.
- The Red Sox have been favored on the moneyline in nine of Pivetta’s starts this season, and they went 6-3 in those games.
- Pivetta’s team is 11-10 in his 21 starts.
- Pivetta’s starts hit the over on the run total 12 times in 21 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Kris Bubic
- Bubic and his team have a record of 6-10-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team is 3-9 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- In games Bubic has started, his team is 5-11.
- In Bubic’s 16 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over eight times.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers has put up a team-best batting average of .322, while leading the Red Sox in home runs (23).
- Devers ranks 14th in homers and 27th in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Xander Bogaerts has 28 doubles, nine home runs and 41 walks while batting .312.
- Bogaerts ranks 136th in home runs and 71st in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Alex Verdugo has 22 doubles, six home runs and 22 walks while hitting .264.
- Martinez is hitting .284 with 32 doubles, nine home runs and 32 walks.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. is batting .255 with 15 home runs and 52 RBI. All three of those stats lead Kansas City hitters this season.
- Among all batters in MLB, Witt Jr.’s home run total is 44th, and his RBI total is 45th.
- Hunter Dozier is batting .251 with an OBP of .314 and a slugging percentage of .424 this season.
- Dozier is 108th in home runs and 146th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Nicky Lopez has collected 77 base hits, an OBP of .303 and a slugging percentage of .296 this season.
- MJ Melendez has 59 hits and an OBP of .312 to go with a slugging percentage of .405 this season.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.