Alex Verdugo has 99 hits, and will try to notch his 100th when the Boston Red Sox (50-51) square off against the Milwaukee Brewers (56-44) on Saturday at 4:10 PM ET.
The Red Sox (-110 moneyline odds to win) and the Brewers (-109) will play in an expected close contest. The Red Sox will start Nick Pivetta (8-7) against the Brewers and Eric Lauer (6-3). The matchup has an over/under set at 10 total runs.
Red Sox vs. Brewers Predictions
Red Sox vs. Brewers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Red Sox vs. Brewers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston was the moneyline favorite for three of its last 10 games, and finished 1-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Red Sox and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times.
- Boston’s ATS record is 2-8-0 over its past 10 games.
- Over the past 10 games, Milwaukee has been the underdog twice and lost both contests.
- The Brewers and their opponents have combined to hit the over seven times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Milwaukee has a record of 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Red Sox vs. Brewers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Nick Pivetta
- The Red Sox have a 12-8-0 record against the spread in Pivetta’s starts.
- The Red Sox have been the moneyline favorite in nine of Pivetta’s starts this season, and they went 6-3 in those matchups.
- In Pivetta’s 20 starts, his team is 11-9.
- Pivetta has started 20 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 11 of them.
Projected starter: Eric Lauer
- Lauer and his team have a record of 9-9-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 75% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 3-1.
- Lauer’s team is 11-7 when he starts this season.
- Out of Lauer’s 18 starts with a total this season, nine have hit the over.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Xander Bogaerts is hitting .315 with 27 doubles, eight home runs and 39 walks.
- Bogaerts ranks 146th in home runs and 81st in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Verdugo is batting .270 with 21 doubles, six home runs and 22 walks.
- Verdugo currently ranks 192nd in homers and 43rd in RBI in the majors.
- Verdugo has hit safely in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with two doubles and two RBI.
- J.D. Martinez is hitting .289 with 30 doubles, nine home runs and 32 walks.
- Christian Vazquez is batting .280 with 19 doubles, eight home runs and 17 walks.
Brewers Batting Leaders
- Rowdy Tellez is batting .228 this season with a team-high 20 home runs and 64 RBI.
- In all of MLB, Tellez ranks 19th in homers and 13th in RBI.
- Christian Yelich leads Milwaukee in batting with a .257 average while slugging eight homers and driving in 35 runs.
- Yelich is 146th among batters in MLB in homers, and 137th in RBI.
- Yelich has hit safely in eight straight games. In his last 10 games he is hitting .316 with four doubles, a triple, 10 walks and four RBI.
- Willy Adames’ 20 home runs lead all Milwaukee hitters, and he’s slugging .463.
- Adames heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with two walks and three RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen is batting .254 with an OBP of .320 and a slugging percentage of .388 this season.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Brewers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.