The Tampa Bay Rays (53-46) host the Cleveland Guardians (50-48) to kick off a three-game series at Tropicana Field, with first pitch at 7:10 PM ET on Friday. The Rays are on the back of a series defeat to the Orioles, and the Guardians a series split with the Red Sox.
The Rays are a tight favorite (-113 to win on the moneyline) when they meet the Guardians (-106). The Tampa Bay Rays will hand the ball to Jeffrey Springs (3-2, 2.50 ERA), who is looking for win No. 4 on the season, and the Guardians will turn to Shane Bieber (4-6, 3.63 ERA). The over/under in the game is set at 6.5 total runs.
Rays vs. Guardians Predictions
Rays vs. Guardians Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rays vs. Guardians Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay went 3-4 over the seven games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Rays and their opponents combined to hit the over six times.
- Tampa Bay’s ATS record is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- In seven games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Cleveland has a record of 4-3.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Guardians and their opponents have failed to hit the over three times.
- Cleveland has six wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Rays vs. Guardians Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jeffrey Springs
- The Rays are 5-7-0 against the spread when Springs starts.
- The Rays have been favored on the moneyline in nine of Springs’ starts this season, and they went 7-2 in those games.
- Springs’ team has won nine of his 12 starts.
- Springs has had 12 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in three of those games.
Projected starter: Shane Bieber
- Bieber’s team is 10-9-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team has won 50% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (3-3).
- In games Bieber has started, his team is 11-7.
- Games started by Bieber have an 8-11-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz has racked up a team-best batting average of .294.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Diaz’s home run total ranks 249th and his RBI tally ranks 165th.
- Randy Arozarena has racked up 47 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Arozarena ranks 70th in homers and 54th in RBI.
- Ji-Man Choi has 16 doubles, eight home runs and 40 walks while batting .266.
- Choi heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .200 with a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Isaac Paredes has put his power on display as he leads his team with 14 home runs.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez is batting .288 this season with a team-high 20 home runs and 80 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Ramirez is 17th in homers and third in RBI.
- Amed Rosario has 110 hits and an OBP of .329 to go with a slugging percentage of .405 this season.
- Rosario ranks 249th among hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 129th in RBI.
- Steven Kwan has collected 92 base hits, an OBP of .366 and a slugging percentage of .379 this season.
- Kwan has safely hit in 11 games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .378 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Josh Naylor is batting .282 with an OBP of .332 and a slugging percentage of .514 this season.
- Naylor heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .364 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
Where To Watch Rays vs. Guardians
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.