The St. Louis Cardinals (52-47) and Washington Nationals (34-66) clash in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Nationals Park, at 7:05 PM ET. The Cardinals are coming off a series split with the Blue Jays, and the Nationals a series win over the Dodgers.
The Cardinals are favored (-200 on the moneyline) when they visit the Nationals (+170). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the St. Louis Cardinals looking to Miles Mikolas (7-8), and Anibal Sanchez (0-2) getting the nod for the Washington Nationals. The contest has a set total of 9.
Cardinals vs. Nationals Predictions
Cardinals vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cardinals vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- St. Louis was favored on the moneyline in five of its last 10 games, and went 3-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Cardinals and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times (all 10 games had set totals).
- St. Louis’ record against the spread is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Washington has a record of 4-6.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- Washington has won five of its last 10 games against the spread.
Cardinals vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Miles Mikolas
- The Cardinals are 12-8-0 against the spread when Mikolas starts.
- The Cardinals are 6-4 in Mikolas’ 10 starts this season with St. Louis as the moneyline favorite.
- Mikolas’ team has an 11-9 record over his 20 starts.
- Mikolas has had 20 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and nine of those games finished over the total.
Projected starter: Aníbal Sánchez
- Sánchez has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Sánchez’s team is 0-2 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Sánchez this season, the teams did not hit the over.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Tommy Edman has driven in a team-high 35 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in MLB, Edman ranks 166th in homers and 129th in RBI.
- Dylan Carlson’s .259 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Carlson currently ranks 185th in homers and 177th in RBI in the bigs.
- Carlson has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with three doubles, a home run and three RBI.
- Brendan Donovan is batting .281 with 14 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 36 walks.
- Albert Pujols is batting .241 with eight doubles, seven home runs and 17 walks.
- Pujols brings a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .471 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Juan Soto is batting .237 this season with a team-high 20 home runs.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Soto’s home run total is 17th, and his RBI total is 64th.
- Josh Bell leads Washington in batting average (.305) and runs batted in (53) this season while also slugging 13 homers.
- Bell currently is 60th in home runs and 29th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Nelson Cruz is slashing .231/.317/.347 this season for the Nationals.
- Cesar Hernandez has 95 hits and an OBP of .306 to go with a slugging percentage of .307 this season.
- Hernandez brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a double, three walks and an RBI.
Where To Watch Cardinals vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.