The Chicago White Sox (49-49) and Oakland Athletics (38-63) clash on Friday at 8:10 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Guaranteed Rate Field.
The White Sox are favored at home (-225) against the Athletics (+190). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Chicago White Sox looking to Johnny Cueto (4-4), and James Kaprielian (1-5) answering the bell for the Oakland Athletics. The matchup has an over/under set at 8.5 total runs.
White Sox vs. Athletics Predictions
White Sox vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
White Sox vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago has a 4-3 record over the seven games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the White Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Chicago’s record against the spread is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- In nine games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Oakland has a record of 6-3.
- The Athletics and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Oakland has seven wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
White Sox vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Johnny Cueto
- When Cueto starts, the White Sox are 6-6-0 against the spread.
- The White Sox are 2-4 in Cueto’s six starts this season with Chicago as the moneyline favorite.
- Over Cueto’s 12 starts, his team is 6-6.
- Cueto has had 12 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and four of those outings hit the over.
Projected starter: James Kaprielian
- Kaprielian and his team are 10-5-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 7-7.
- Kaprielian’s team has won eight of his 15 starts.
- Games Kaprielian has started this season hit the over eight times in 15 chances.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Abreu has 27 doubles, 11 home runs and 46 walks while batting .300.
- Among hitters in baseball, Abreu ranks 84th in home runs and 52nd in RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn is hitting .288 with 17 doubles, 10 home runs and 19 walks.
- Vaughn ranks 98th in home runs and 44th in RBI among hitters in MLB.
- Tim Anderson has a team-high batting average of .310.
- Anderson has hit safely in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- A.J. Pollock is hitting .237 with 15 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 16 walks.
- Pollock heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and eight RBI.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland with a batting average of .244. He’s also hit 11 home runs with 40 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Murphy ranks 84th in homers and 85th in RBI.
- Elvis Andrus has 72 hits and an OBP of .301 to go with a slugging percentage of .362 this season.
- Andrus is 185th in home runs and 192nd in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Tony Kemp is slashing .216/.291/.306 this season for the Athletics.
- Kemp has safely hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .438 with four doubles, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Ramon Laureano has 57 hits and an OBP of .305 to go with a slugging percentage of .396 this season.
Where To Watch White Sox vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.