The San Francisco Giants (48-50) host the Chicago Cubs (40-57) to kick off a four-game series at Oracle Park, with first pitch at 9:45 PM ET on Thursday. The Giants are coming off a series defeat to the Diamondbacks, and the Cubs a series win over the Pirates.
The Giants are favored at home (-136) against the Cubs (+115). The San Francisco Giants will hand the ball to Alex Wood (6-8, 4.21 ERA), who is looking for win No. 7 on the season, and the Cubs will counter with Justin Steele (4-6, 4.02 ERA). The total for this game is set at 8.
Giants vs. Cubs Predictions
Giants vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Giants vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Francisco has a 2-2 record across the four games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Giants and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total six times (all 10 games had set totals).
- San Francisco’s record against the spread is 2-8-0 over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and won four of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cubs and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
- Over its last 10 games, Chicago is 7-3-0 against the spread.
Giants vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Alex Wood
- The Giants have an 8-11-0 record against the spread in Wood’s starts.
- The Giants have a 7-6 record in Wood’s 13 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Over Wood’s 19 starts, his team is 9-10.
- Wood has had 19 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 10 of those games hit the over.
Projected starter: Justin Steele
- Steele’s team is 8-10-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team has won 50% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (6-6).
- Steele’s team has won seven of his 18 starts this season.
- In Steele’s 18 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 10 times.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Wilmer Flores has a team-best 53 runs batted in.
- Flores’ home runs rank 47th in MLB and he ranks 29th in RBI in MLB.
- Flores has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .158 with two doubles, a home run and two RBI.
- Thairo Estrada has a club-best .262 batting average.
- Among all MLB batters, Estrada ranks 114th in home runs and 85th in RBI.
- Joc Pederson has racked up a team-high 17 home runs.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .230 with 20 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 38 walks.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ is batting .282 with nine home runs and 46 RBI for Chicago this season.
- In all of MLB, Happ is 114th in home runs and 58th in RBI.
- Happ enters this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .325 with two doubles, a walk and five RBI.
- Willson Contreras has 78 hits and an OBP of .373 to go with a slugging percentage of .470 this season.
- Contreras is 47th among hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 111th in RBI.
- Contreras brings a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Nico Hoerner’s batting average of .306 leads all Chicago hitters this season.
- Hoerner heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .300 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs with 17 and runs batted in with 47.
- Wisdom enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .222 with three doubles, three walks and an RBI.
Where To Watch Giants vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.