The Kansas City Royals (38-57) and Los Angeles Angels (40-55) square off in the first of a three-game series on Monday at Kauffman Stadium, at 8:10 PM ET. The Royals are coming off a series victory over the Rays, and the Angels a series loss to the Braves.
The Royals are a tight favorite (-111 moneyline odds to win) when they play the Angels (-107). The starting pitchers are Zack Greinke (3-6) for the Kansas City Royals, and Noah Syndergaard (5-7) for the Los Angeles Angels. The over/under for this game is 8.5.
Royals vs. Angels Predictions
Royals vs. Angels Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Royals vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Kansas City was the moneyline favorite for four of its last 10 games, and went 3-1 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Royals and their opponents combined to go over the total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Kansas City has put together a 6-4-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Los Angeles has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and won one of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Angels and their opponents are 7-3-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Los Angeles has four wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Royals vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Zack Greinke
- The Royals have gone 9-6-0 ATS in Greinke’s 15 starts that had a set spread.
- The Royals have been favored on the moneyline in three of Greinke’s starts this season, and they went 2-1 in those matchups.
- Greinke’s team has won seven of his 15 starts.
- Greinke’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in seven of 15 contests.
Projected starter: Noah Syndergaard
- Syndergaard’s team is 6-8-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- He has started four games with his team as the moneyline underdog, and lost each time.
- In games Syndergaard has started, his team is 5-9.
- Out of Syndergaard’s 14 starts with a total this season, five have hit the over.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads the Royals in home runs (14) and runs batted in (51).
- Among batters in baseball, Witt Jr. ranks 48th in home runs and 33rd in RBI.
- Witt Jr. brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a double, a home run and five RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi’s .317 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Benintendi ranks 276th in home runs and 85th in RBI among hitters in baseball.
- Benintendi enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .381 with a double, two walks and four RBI.
- Whit Merrifield has 20 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 28 walks while hitting .239.
- Merrifield heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .313 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Hunter Dozier is batting .270 with 20 doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 24 walks.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Shohei Ohtani is batting .250 for Los Angeles with a team-high 57 RBI.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Ohtani ranks 16th in home runs and 20th in RBI.
- Taylor Ward leads Los Angeles in batting with a .291 average while slugging 13 homers and driving in 35 runs.
- Among all MLB batters, Ward is 56th in home runs and 119th in RBI.
- Ward has hit safely in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with a home run and an RBI.
- Jared Walsh has collected 78 base hits, an OBP of .281 and a slugging percentage of .417 this season.
- Walsh has hit safely in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with three doubles.
- Luis Rengifo has collected 56 hits this season and has an OBP of .310. He’s slugging .396 on the year.
- Rengifo has hit safely in seven straight games. During his last 10 games he is hitting .368 with three doubles, three walks and three RBI.
Where To Watch Royals vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.