The Kansas City Royals (36-57) will attempt to snap a four-game losing streak when hosting the Tampa Bay Rays (52-41) at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday.
As the favorite, the Rays (-120 moneyline odds) take the field at the Royals (+100). The scheduled starters are Luis Patino (0-1) for the Tampa Bay Rays, and Brady Singer (4-3) for the Kansas City Royals. The total for this game is set at 10.5.
Rays vs. Royals Predictions
Rays vs. Royals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rays vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay was the moneyline favorite in nine of its last 10 games, and went 6-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Rays and their opponents combined to hit the over seven times.
- Tampa Bay has a 5-5-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In six games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Kansas City has a record of 2-4.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Royals and their opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- Kansas City has won six of its last 10 games against the spread.
Rays vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Luis Patiño
- Patiño has started two games with set spreads, and the Rays failed to cover in both chances.
- The Rays were named the moneyline favorite for two Patiño starts this season — they split the games.
- His team split the two matchups he’s appeared in this season.
- Patiño’s two starts with a total this season both went over.
Projected starter: Brady Singer
- Singer’s team is 7-6-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 6-2.
- Singer’s team has a 6-5 record in his starts this season.
- Games started by Singer have a 5-6-2 record at hitting the over this season.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz leads the Rays with a .295 batting average.
- Among hitters in MLB, Diaz ranks 272nd in homers and 166th in RBI.
- Randy Arozarena has been productive as he paces his team with 44 runs batted in.
- Arozarena ranks 68th in home runs among hitters in MLB and 63rd in RBI.
- Arozarena heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with two home runs, four walks and four RBI.
- Ji-Man Choi has 16 doubles, seven home runs and 39 walks while batting .271.
- Isaac Paredes has hit 13 home runs to lead his team.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads Kansas City in home runs (13) and runs batted in (47) this season while batting .251.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Witt Jr.’s home run total is 54th, and his RBI total is 50th.
- Andrew Benintendi is batting .319 to lead Kansas City, while adding three homers and 39 runs batted in this season.
- Benintendi currently is 272nd in homers and 85th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Benintendi heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .353 with a double, a walk and four RBI.
- Whit Merrifield has 79 hits this season and a slash line of .231/.284/.333.
- Hunter Dozier has collected 77 hits this season and has an OBP of .329. He’s slugging .451 on the year.
- Dozier heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with two doubles, a triple, a walk and two RBI.
Where To Watch Rays vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.