The Arizona Diamondbacks (40-52) host the Washington Nationals (31-63) to kick off a three-game series at Chase Field, with first pitch at 9:40 PM ET on Friday. The Diamondbacks are on the back of a series defeat to the Padres, and the Nationals a series loss to the Braves.
The favored Diamondbacks (-160 moneyline odds) play at home against the Nationals (+136). The Arizona Diamondbacks will hand the ball to Zac Gallen (4-2), but the Nationals’ starter has not been announced yet. The contest has an over/under of 8.5.
Diamondbacks vs. Nationals Predictions
Diamondbacks vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Diamondbacks vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Arizona was favored on the moneyline in three of its last 10 games, and finished 1-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Diamondbacks combined with their opponents to go over the run total four times.
- Arizona’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 1-8 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Washington has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Diamondbacks vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Zac Gallen
- The Diamondbacks are 13-5-0 ATS in Gallen’s 18 starts that had a set spread.
- The Diamondbacks are 3-4 in Gallen’s seven starts this season with Arizona as the moneyline favorite.
- Gallen’s team has compiled a 9-8 record over his 17 starts.
- Gallen’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in seven of 18 contests.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Christian Walker has a team-best 22 home runs and 46 runs batted in.
- Walker ranks ninth in home runs and 50th in RBI among all hitters in MLB action.
- Ketel Marte’s .271 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Marte currently ranks 133rd in homers and 160th in RBI in the majors.
- Daulton Varsho is hitting .233 with 15 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 25 walks.
- Josh Rojas is hitting .276 with 14 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 25 walks.
- Rojas takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .158 with a double and four walks.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Juan Soto leads Washington with 20 home runs this season. He’s batting .244 with 43 RBI.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Soto is 15th in home runs and 63rd in RBI.
- Soto takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a double, two home runs, three walks and three RBI.
- Josh Bell is a key run producer for Washington with a .314 average, 13 homers and 50 RBI.
- Bell is 52nd in homers and 34th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Bell brings a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .450 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Nelson Cruz has collected 75 base hits, an OBP of .324 and a slugging percentage of .361 this season.
- Cruz takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .243 with a double, three walks and three RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez has collected 89 hits this season and has an OBP of .303. He’s slugging .304 on the year.
Where To Watch Diamondbacks vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.