The Philadelphia Phillies (49-43) and Chicago Cubs (35-57) clash on Friday at 7:05 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Citizens Bank Park.
The Phillies are a home favorite (-135) versus the Cubs (+115). The Phillies will give the ball to Kyle Gibson (5-3) versus the Cubs and Justin Steele (3-6). The total in the game is set at 9 total runs.
Phillies vs. Cubs Predictions
Phillies vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia was the moneyline favorite in four of its last 10 games, and went 3-1 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Phillies combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total two times.
- Philadelphia is 8-2-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and has won one of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cubs and their opponents have failed to hit the over eight times.
- Chicago is 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Phillies vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Kyle Gibson
- The Phillies are 14-4-0 ATS in Gibson’s 18 starts that had a set spread.
- The Phillies have been the moneyline favorite in seven of Gibson’s starts this season, and they went 5-2 in those games.
- Gibson’s team has won 11 of his 18 starts.
- Gibson’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in seven of 18 games.
Projected starter: Justin Steele
- Steele’s team is 7-10-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team has won 45.5% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (5-6).
- In games Steele has started, his team is 6-11.
- In Steele’s 17 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over nine times.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber paces the Phillies with 29 home runs and 58 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB action, Schwarber’s home run total ranks second and his RBI tally ranks 15th.
- Rhys Hoskins is batting .244 with 17 doubles, two triples, 19 home runs and 45 walks.
- Hoskins ranks 18th in home runs and 61st in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- J.T. Realmuto has 14 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 24 walks while hitting .252.
- Realmuto has safely hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .444 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Alec Bohm’s .276 batting average paces his team.
- Bohm heads into this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .382 with a double, a triple, two home runs, two walks and eight RBI.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ is batting .274 with nine home runs and 42 RBI for Chicago this season.
- In all of MLB, Happ ranks 103rd in home runs and 69th in RBI.
- Willson Contreras has collected 73 hits this season and has an OBP of .366. He’s slugging .455 on the year.
- Contreras is 51st among batters in MLB in home runs, and 112th in RBI.
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago with a .307 batting average while slugging five homers and driving in 27 runs.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs with 17 and runs batted in with 46.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.