The Atlanta Braves (56-38) and Los Angeles Angels (39-53) clash on Friday at 7:20 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Truist Park.
The Angels are road underdogs (+128) against the Braves (-153). The Braves will give the ball to Charlie Morton (5-4) against the Angels and Shohei Ohtani (9-4). The over/under in the game is set at 7 total runs.
Braves vs. Angels Predictions
Braves vs. Angels Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Braves vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Atlanta was the moneyline favorite for each of its last 10 games, and finished 7-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Braves and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
- Atlanta has gone 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Los Angeles has played as the underdog six times over its past 10 games and lost each of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Angels and their opponents are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Los Angeles is 5-5-0 against the spread.
Braves vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Charlie Morton
- The Braves have a 6-12-0 record against the spread in Morton’s starts.
- The Braves have a 9-6 record in Morton’s 15 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Morton’s team is 10-8 over his 18 starts.
- Morton’s starts hit the over on the run total 14 times in 18 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Shohei Ohtani
- In games Ohtani pitched with a spread last season, his team was 4-6-0 ATS.
- Ohtani and his team had a 2-5 record when he pitched as an underdog last season.
- When he pitched last season, the teams combined to hit the over four times in 14 chances
Braves Batting Leaders
- Austin Riley has put up a team-best 27 home runs and 61 runs batted in.
- Riley’s home runs rank third in MLB and he ranks 10th in RBI in MLB.
- Riley enters this game on a 13-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .349 with two doubles, six home runs, two walks and 10 RBI.
- Matt Olson has collected 61 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Olson ranks 26th in home runs and 10th in RBI.
- Olson brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .256 with two doubles, five home runs, two walks and 12 RBI.
- Dansby Swanson paces the Braves with a team-high batting average of .292.
- Swanson has hit safely in four games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Marcell Ozuna is batting .221 with 12 doubles, 17 home runs and 26 walks.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Ohtani leads Los Angeles in runs batted in with 56 while batting .252.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Ohtani is 18th in home runs and 20th in RBI.
- Taylor Ward leads Los Angeles in batting with a .286 average while slugging 12 homers and driving in 34 runs.
- Ward is 65th among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 122nd in RBI.
- Jared Walsh is slashing .233/.277/.409 this season for the Angels.
- Luis Rengifo is batting .259 with an OBP of .300 and a slugging percentage of .393 this season.
- Rengifo brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .368 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
Where To Watch Braves vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.