The Miami Marlins (43-48) hope to sweep a one-game series versus the Texas Rangers (41-49), at 1:10 PM ET on Thursday.
The favored Marlins (-115 moneyline odds to win) take the field at home against the Rangers (+100). The starting pitchers are Pablo Lopez (6-4) for the Miami Marlins, and Jon Gray (6-4) for the Texas Rangers. The game’s total is set at 6.5.
Marlins vs. Rangers Predictions
Marlins vs. Rangers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Marlins vs. Rangers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Miami has a 2-4 record from the six games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Marlins and their opponents combined to go over the total three times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Miami’s ATS record is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- In four games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Texas has a record of 1-3.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Rangers and their opponents are 7-3-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Texas has won five of its last 10 games against the spread.
Marlins vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Pablo López
- The Marlins have a 9-9-0 record against the spread in Lopez’s starts.
- The Marlins have a 7-3 record in Lopez’s 10 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Lopez’s team has an 11-7 record over his 18 starts.
- Lopez has had 18 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 11 of those games.
Projected starter: Jon Gray
- Gray’s team is 12-4-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 6-7.
- Gray’s team has won nine of his 16 starts this season.
- Games Gray has started this season hit the over nine times in 16 chances.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Garrett Cooper leads the Marlins with a .283 batting average.
- Among all batters in MLB, Cooper’s home run total ranks 154th and his RBI tally ranks 78th.
- Jesus Aguilar has 14 doubles, 11 home runs and 20 walks while batting .248.
- Aguilar ranks 77th in homers and 99th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Miguel Rojas is batting .236 with 11 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 16 walks.
- Jorge Soler has 13 doubles, 13 home runs and 31 walks while batting .209.
Rangers Batting Leaders
- Corey Seager leads Texas in home runs (22) and runs batted in (52) this season while batting .251.
- In all of MLB, Seager is ninth in home runs and 25th in RBI.
- Seager has safely hit in 10 games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is batting .405 with a double, a triple, six home runs, seven walks and 13 RBI.
- Marcus Semien has collected 86 hits this season and has an OBP of .297. He’s slugging .400 on the year.
- Semien currently is 51st in homers and 63rd in RBI in the major leagues.
- Adolis Garcia has collected 81 base hits, an OBP of .282 and a slugging percentage of .439 this season.
- Garcia brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .150 with three walks.
- Nate Lowe leads Texas with a .270 batting average. He’s also hit 12 homers and has 38 RBI.
Where To Watch Marlins vs. Rangers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.