The Houston Astros (59-32) and New York Yankees (64-28) square off on Thursday at 1:10 PM ET, opening a two-game series at Minute Maid Park.
The Astros are favored at home (-125) against the Yankees (+108). Cristian Javier (6-5) will start in this one for the Houston Astros. The New York Yankees have yet to tab a starting pitcher for this game. The game’s over/under is set at 8.
Astros vs. Yankees Predictions
Astros vs. Yankees Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Yankees Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston went 6-3 over the nine games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Astros and their opponents combined to hit the over three times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Houston has put together a 4-6-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Over the past 10 games, sportsbooks have not installed New York as the underdog once.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Yankees and their opponents have combined to hit the over nine times.
- New York is 3-7-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Astros vs. Yankees Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Cristian Javier
- The Astros have a 4-9-0 record against the spread in Javier’s starts.
- The Astros have a 6-5 record in Javier’s 11 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Javier’s team is 7-6 in his 13 starts.
- Javier has had 13 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in five of those outings.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Kyle Tucker has racked up a team-high 62 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB action, Tucker’s home run total ranks 22nd and his RBI tally ranks eighth.
- Alex Bregman is batting .238 with 20 doubles, 11 home runs and 53 walks.
- Bregman ranks 77th in home runs and 49th in RBI this year.
- Jose Altuve is hitting .275 with 17 doubles, 17 home runs and 36 walks.
- Altuve brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .200 with three walks and an RBI.
- Yuli Gurriel has 25 doubles, seven home runs and 19 walks while batting .238.
- Gurriel enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Aaron Judge leads New York in home runs with 33, runs batted in with 70 and his batting average of .284 is also best on his team.
- Judge ranks first in home runs and third in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Judge takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with three home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has 67 hits and an OBP of .341 to go with a slugging percentage of .495 this season.
- Rizzo ranks ninth among hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 17th in RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu has 86 hits this season and a slash line of .282/.385/.407.
- LeMahieu takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .429 with a double, four walks and an RBI.
- Giancarlo Stanton has 65 hits and an OBP of .315 to go with a slugging percentage of .513 this season.
- Stanton has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .238 with a double, two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Yankees
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.