The New York Mets (55-34) visit the Chicago Cubs (34-54) to kick off a four-game series at Wrigley Field, with first pitch at 8:05 PM ET on Thursday. The Mets are coming off a series victory over the Braves, and the Cubs a series loss to the Orioles.
As the favorite, the Mets (-140 on the moneyline) visit the Cubs (+119). The scheduled starters are Carlos Carrasco (9-4) for the New York Mets, and Keegan Thompson (7-3) for the Chicago Cubs. The over/under for this game is set at 8.
Mets vs. Cubs Predictions
Mets vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was the moneyline favorite for seven of its last 10 games, and finished 4-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Mets and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- New York is 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Cubs and their opponents are 2-7-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Chicago is 3-7-0 against the spread.
Mets vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Carlos Carrasco
- The Mets have gone 9-8-0 against the spread when Carrasco starts.
- The Mets have been favored on the moneyline in 14 of Carrasco’s starts this season, and they went 9-5 in those games.
- Carrasco’s team has a 10-7 record in his starts this season.
- Carrasco’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in eight of 17 games.
Projected starter: Keegan Thompson
- Thompson’s team is 7-4-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Chicago has a record of 4-2 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Thompson’s team is 6-5 when he starts this season.
- In games Thompson has started this season, the teams are 5-6-0 at hitting the over.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso paces the Mets in home runs (23) and runs batted in (72).
- Alonso’s home runs rank sixth in MLB and he ranks first in RBI in MLB.
- Francisco Lindor has 11 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 32 walks while hitting .244.
- Lindor ranks 31st in homers and seventh in RBI among hitters in baseball.
- Lindor has hit safely in seven games in a row. During his last 10 games he is hitting .244 with a triple, four home runs and eight RBI.
- Starling Marte is batting .288 with 18 doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 16 walks.
- Brandon Nimmo has 16 doubles, five triples, eight home runs and 34 walks while batting .269.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ has been key for Chicago with nine home runs, 41 RBI and a batting average of .280 this season.
- Among all batters in MLB, Happ is 101st in home runs and 62nd in RBI.
- Happ takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Willson Contreras has collected 72 hits this season and has an OBP of .377. He’s slugging .473 on the year.
- Contreras is 48th in homers and 104th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .304 to lead Chicago, while adding five homers and 26 runs batted in this season.
- Hoerner brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .262 with four doubles, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .227 this season with a team-high 17 home runs and 45 RBI.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.