C.J. Cron is just one hit away from his 100th of the campaign as his Colorado Rockies (41-49) prep for the Pittsburgh Pirates (38-52) on Friday at 8:40 PM ET.
The Rockies are a home favorite (-140) against the Pirates (+120). The Colorado Rockies will hand the ball to German Marquez (5-7, 5.66 ERA), who is looking for win No. 6 on the season, and the Pirates will turn to Jose Quintana (2-4, 3.38 ERA). The over/under for the game is set at 11 total runs.
Rockies vs. Pirates Predictions
Rockies vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rockies vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Colorado was listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers just one time over the last 10 games, and won that matchup.
- Over their last 10 matchups — 11 had a set run total — the Rockies and their opponents combined to go over the total four times.
- Colorado’s record against the spread is 8-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, Pittsburgh has a record of 5-5.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
- Pittsburgh has won nine of its last 11 games against the spread.
Rockies vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Germán Márquez
- The Rockies have a 7-10-0 ATS record in Marquez’s 17 starts that had a set spread.
- The Rockies have a 3-1 record in Marquez’s four starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Marquez’s team has a 9-8 record over his 17 starts.
- Marquez’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in eight of 17 games.
Projected starter: José Quintana
- Quintana and his team are 12-5-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team is 8-7 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Quintana’s team has won nine of his 17 starts this season.
- In games Quintana has started this season, the teams are 6-8-3 at hitting the over.
Rockies Batting Leaders
- Cron paces the Rockies with 20 home runs and 68 runs batted in.
- Cron ranks 12th in homers and second in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Cron has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .313 with three doubles and three RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .273 with 16 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 23 walks.
- Blackmon ranks 41st in home runs and 25th in RBI among MLB batters this season.
- Blackmon has hit safely in five games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .429 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Brendan Rodgers is hitting .255 with 18 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 24 walks.
- Rodgers enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .211 with two walks and an RBI.
- Connor Joe is hitting .264 with 16 doubles, four triples, five home runs and 48 walks.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has been key for Pittsburgh with 78 hits, an OBP of .328 plus a slugging percentage of .360.
- Hayes’ home run total ranks 234th in the majors, and he is 158th in RBI.
- Hayes has safely hit in five straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with a double, a triple, a home run, four walks and two RBI.
- Daniel Vogelbach leads Pittsburgh in runs batted in with 33 while batting .232 with 12 homers.
- Vogelbach ranks 57th in home runs and 121st in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Jack Suwinski has 44 hits this season and a slash line of .198/.288/.428.
- Michael Chavis is batting .232 with an OBP of .274 and a slugging percentage of .415 this season.
Where To Watch Rockies vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.