The Toronto Blue Jays (46-42) have a 1-0 series lead and aim to sweep the Philadelphia Phillies (46-42) on Wednesday at Rogers Centre, at 7:07 PM ET.
The Phillies are a tight favorite (-115 moneyline odds to win) when they take on the Blue Jays (-105). The Philadelphia Phillies will hand the ball to Zack Wheeler (8-4, 2.46 ERA), who is looking for win No. 9 on the season, and the Blue Jays will counter with Ross Stripling (4-3, 3.34 ERA). The matchup has an over/under set at 8 total runs.
Phillies vs. Blue Jays Predictions
Phillies vs. Blue Jays Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Blue Jays Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia has a 4-3 record from the seven games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Phillies and their opponents combined to go over the total two times.
- Philadelphia’s record against the spread is 7-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- Toronto has been the underdog once in the past 10 games and lost that contest.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Blue Jays and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Toronto is 1-9-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Phillies vs. Blue Jays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Zack Wheeler
- When Wheeler starts, the Phillies have gone 9-7-0 against the spread.
- The Phillies are 8-7 in Wheeler’s 15 starts this season with Philadelphia as the moneyline favorite.
- Wheeler’s team has won nine of his 16 starts.
- Wheeler has started 16 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in eight of them.
Projected starter: Ross Stripling
- Stripling’s team is 5-7-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team is 1-2 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Stripling’s team is 6-6 when he starts this season.
- Games Stripling has started this season hit the over six times in 12 chances.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber has accumulated a team-best 28 home runs and 57 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in MLB action, Schwarber ranks second in home runs and 11th in RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins is batting .252 with 17 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 44 walks.
- Hoskins ranks 18th in home runs and 51st in RBI among hitters in baseball.
- Nicholas Castellanos is hitting .251 with 18 doubles, eight home runs and 21 walks.
- Castellanos has hit safely in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two RBI.
- Odubel Herrera has nine doubles, a triple, five home runs and 10 walks while batting .240.
- Herrera has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .214 with a walk and an RBI.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is batting .266 this season with a team-high 19 home runs and 54 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Guerrero’s home run total is 14th, and his RBI total is 18th.
- George Springer has collected 73 hits this season and has an OBP of .330. He’s slugging .486 on the year.
- Springer is 21st overall in homers and 66th in RBI this year.
- Springer has hit safely in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .250 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and two RBI.
- Alejandro Kirk’s batting average of .312 leads all Toronto hitters this season.
- Bo Bichette has 95 hits and an OBP of .303 to go with a slugging percentage of .429 this season.
- Bichette has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with a home run, a walk and four RBI.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Blue Jays
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.