The Seattle Mariners (45-42) will look to keep an eight-game win streak going when they visit the Washington Nationals (30-58) at 12:05 PM ET on Wednesday.
The Nationals (-119 moneyline odds to win) meet the Mariners (-101) in a projected tight contest. The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Washington Nationals looking to Josiah Gray (7-5), and Chris Flexen (5-8) getting the nod for the Seattle Mariners. The game’s total is set at 9.
Nationals vs. Mariners Predictions
Nationals vs. Mariners Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Nationals vs. Mariners Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Washington was named the moneyline favorite by bookmakers just twice, and it lost both games.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Nationals and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total three times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Washington has a 3-7-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Seattle has played as the underdog in five of its past 10 games and won each of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Mariners and their opponents are 5-5-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Seattle is 6-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Nationals vs. Mariners Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Josiah Gray
- When Gray starts, the Nationals are 10-6-0 against the spread.
- The Nationals have a 2-1 record in Gray’s three starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Gray’s team is 8-8 in his 16 starts.
- Gray has had 16 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in seven of those matchups.
Projected starter: Chris Flexen
- When Flexen starts, his team is 7-9-0 against the spread this season.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Seattle has a record of 3-9 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Flexen’s team has won six of his 16 starts this season.
- In Flexen’s 16 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over five times.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Juan Soto has launched a team-high 17 homers.
- Soto’s home runs rank 20th in MLB and he ranks 77th in RBI in MLB.
- Soto has hit safely in five straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .500 with two home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- Josh Bell has 47 runs batted in while batting .307. Both lead his team.
- Bell ranks 54th in home runs and 31st in RBI this year.
- Nelson Cruz has a team-high 47 runs batted in.
- Cruz has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with three walks and an RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez is batting .241 with 18 doubles, two triples and 27 walks.
Mariners Batting Leaders
- Ty France leads Seattle in runs batted in with 45 while batting .306, which is also best on the team.
- France ranks 85th in home runs and 40th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- J.P. Crawford has collected 78 hits this season and has an OBP of .345. He’s slugging .386 on the year.
- Crawford currently is 198th in homers and 187th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Eugenio Suarez’s 15 home runs lead all Seattle hitters, and he’s slugging .443.
- Jesse Winker has 63 hits and an OBP of .341 to go with a slugging percentage of .337 this season.
Where To Watch Nationals vs. Mariners
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.