The Toronto Blue Jays (45-42) have dropped four games in a row as they prepare to play the Philadelphia Phillies (46-41), who have dropped two straight. Tuesday’s outing at Rogers Centre starts at 7:07 PM ET.
The Blue Jays are favored (-191 moneyline odds) when they host the Phillies (+163). The starting pitchers are Jose Berrios (6-4) for the Toronto Blue Jays, and Andrew Bellatti (1-3) for the Philadelphia Phillies. The matchup has an over/under of 9.5 total runs.
Blue Jays vs. Phillies Predictions
Blue Jays vs. Phillies Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Blue Jays vs. Phillies Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Toronto has a 1-8 record from the nine games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Blue Jays and their opponents combined to go over the total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Toronto’s ATS record is 1-9-0 over its past 10 games.
- Philadelphia has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and has gone 2-1 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Phillies and their opponents are 2-8-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Philadelphia has won seven of its last 10 games against the spread.
Blue Jays vs. Phillies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: José Berríos
- When Berrios starts, the Blue Jays are 9-8-0 against the spread.
- The Blue Jays have been the moneyline favorite in 13 of Berrios’ starts this season, and they went 10-3 in those matchups.
- Berrios’ team has a 12-5 record in his starts this season.
- Berrios has had 17 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 12 of those outings finished over the total.
Projected starter: Andrew Bellatti
- The righty did not pitch as the moneyline underdog in any games last season.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. paces the Blue Jays in home runs (19) and runs batted in (54).
- Guerrero’s home runs rank 14th in MLB and he ranks 16th in RBI in MLB.
- George Springer is batting .250 with 14 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 31 walks.
- Among all MLB batters, Springer ranks 20th in homers and 61st in RBI.
- Springer takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and two RBI.
- Alejandro Kirk paces the Blue Jays with a team-high batting average of .309.
- Bo Bichette has 20 doubles, 14 home runs and 22 walks while batting .259.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in home runs with 28 and runs batted in with 57.
- Schwarber ranks second in homers and 11th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Rhys Hoskins is batting .255 with an OBP of .347 and a slugging percentage of .491 this season.
- Hoskins is 18th in homers and 51st in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Hoskins brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos has collected 84 base hits, an OBP of .297 and a slugging percentage of .376 this season.
- Castellanos takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with an RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto is batting .240 with an OBP of .313 and a slugging percentage of .371 this season.
Where To Watch Blue Jays vs. Phillies
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.