The Seattle Mariners (45-42) visit the Washington Nationals (30-58) to kick off a two-game series at Nationals Park, with first pitch at 7:05 PM ET on Tuesday. The Mariners are coming off a series victory over the Blue Jays, and the Nationals a series loss to the Braves.
The Mariners (-115 on the moneyline) take the field against the Nationals (-105) in an expected close matchup. The Seattle Mariners will give the start to Chris Flexen (5-8, 4.00 ERA), who is looking for win No. 6 on the season, and the Nationals will turn to Josiah Gray (7-5, 4.14 ERA). The game’s over/under is 10.5.
Mariners vs. Nationals Predictions
Mariners vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mariners vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Seattle went 4-1 across the five games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Mariners and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Seattle’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and has won one of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents are 3-6-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Washington has three wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Mariners vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Chris Flexen
- The Mariners are 7-9-0 ATS in Flexen’s 16 starts that had a set spread.
- The Mariners have a 3-1 record in Flexen’s four starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Flexen’s team is 6-10 over his 16 starts.
- Flexen has had 16 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and five of those games finished over the total.
Projected starter: Josiah Gray
- When Gray starts, his team is 10-6-0 against the spread this season.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 6-7.
- In games Gray has started, his team is 8-8.
- In Gray’s 16 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over seven times.
Mariners Batting Leaders
- Julio Rodriguez has collected a team-high 15 home runs.
- Rodriguez ranks 31st in home runs and 45th in RBI among all batters in MLB play.
- Ty France has a club-best 45 runs batted in and .306 batting average.
- France ranks 83rd in homers and 38th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- J.P. Crawford has 16 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 31 walks while hitting .266.
- Eugenio Suarez has shown his power as he paces his team with 15 home runs.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Juan Soto leads Washington with 17 home runs this season. He’s batting .236 with 37 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Soto is 19th in homers and 76th in RBI.
- Soto has hit safely in five games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .500 with two home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- Josh Bell is a key run producer for Washington with a .307 average, 12 homers and 47 RBI.
- Among all MLB hitters, Bell ranks 55th in homers and 29th in RBI.
- Nelson Cruz leads Washington in RBI with 47 while batting .241 with eight home runs.
- Cruz has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with three walks and an RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez has collected 84 hits this season and has an OBP of .301. He’s slugging .305 on the year.
Where To Watch Mariners vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.