The New York Yankees (61-25) host the Cincinnati Reds (32-54) to open a three-game series at Yankee Stadium, with first pitch at 7:05 PM ET on Tuesday. The Yankees are on the back of a series split with the Red Sox, and the Reds a series win over the Rays.
The Yankees are favored (-260 moneyline odds to win) when they host the Reds (+220). The New York Yankees will hand the ball to Gerrit Cole (8-2, 3.26 ERA), who is looking for win No. 9 on the season, and the Reds will counter with Graham Ashcraft (4-2, 4.35 ERA). The game’s over/under is set at 8.
Yankees vs. Reds Predictions
Yankees vs. Reds Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Yankees vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was favored on the moneyline in 11 of its last 10 games, and went 5-6 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (11 had set totals), the Yankees combined with their opponents to go over the run total six times.
- New York has a 4-7-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Cincinnati has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and has won five of those contests.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Reds and their opponents are 3-8-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Cincinnati is 6-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Yankees vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Gerrit Cole
- The Yankees have a 9-8-0 record against the spread in Cole’s starts.
- The Yankees have a 13-4 record in Cole’s 17 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Cole’s team has a 13-4 record in his starts this season.
- Cole has had 17 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and nine of those matchups finished over the total.
Projected starter: Graham Ashcraft
- Ashcraft and his team have a record of 6-3-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 66.7% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 4-2.
- Ashcraft’s team has a 6-3 record in his starts this season.
- Games Ashcraft has started this season hit the over five times in nine chances.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Aaron Judge leads the Yankees with 30 home runs and 65 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-best batting average of .283.
- Judge’s home runs rank first in MLB and he ranks fourth in RBI in MLB.
- Judge has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .292 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .223 with 13 doubles, a triple, 22 home runs and 37 walks.
- Rizzo currently ranks eighth in home runs and 16th in RBI in the majors.
- Rizzo takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with three doubles, two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .270 with 13 doubles, eight home runs and 42 walks.
- Gleyber Torres has 16 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 21 walks while batting .268.
- Torres enters this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .435 with three doubles, three walks and two RBI.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Brandon Drury leads Cincinnati in home runs with 18, runs batted in with 50 and his batting average of .273 is also best on his team.
- Among all batters in MLB, Drury’s home run total is 18th, and his RBI total is 23rd.
- Drury has hit safely in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .364 with three doubles, a triple, a home run and five RBI.
- Tommy Pham has collected 71 hits this season and has an OBP of .335. He’s slugging .406 on the year.
- Pham is 65th overall in homers and 85th in RBI this year.
- Kyle Farmer is slashing .271/.337/.396 this season for the Reds.
- Tyler Stephenson is batting .320 with an OBP of .372 and a slugging percentage of .493 this season.
- Stephenson heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .474 with a double, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.