The Miami Marlins (41-43) host the Pittsburgh Pirates (36-50) to open a four-game series at loanDepot park, with first pitch at 6:40 PM ET on Monday. The Marlins are coming off a series split with the Mets, and the Pirates a series win over the Brewers.
The Marlins are favored at home (-160) against the Pirates (+137). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Miami Marlins looking to Trevor Rogers (4-7), and Mitch Keller (2-6) taking the ball for the Pittsburgh Pirates. The game’s total is set at 7.5.
Marlins vs. Pirates Predictions
Marlins vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Marlins vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Miami was the moneyline favorite for three of its last 10 games, and won all of them.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Marlins and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times.
- Miami has gone 7-3-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Pittsburgh has a record of 5-5.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents are 4-7-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Pittsburgh is 7-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Marlins vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Trevor Rogers
- The Marlins have gone 7-9-0 against the spread when Rogers starts.
- The Marlins are 2-2 in Rogers’ four starts this season with Miami as the moneyline favorite.
- Rogers’ team has won five of his 16 starts.
- Rogers has had 16 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and nine of those games finished over the total.
Projected starter: Mitch Keller
- Keller and his team are 5-9-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Pittsburgh has a record of 3-7 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Keller’s team is 4-10 when he starts this season.
- In Keller’s 14 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over six times.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Garrett Cooper paces the Marlins with a .300 batting average.
- Cooper’s home runs rank 140th in MLB and he ranks 61st in RBI in MLB.
- Miguel Rojas has 11 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 16 walks while hitting .247.
- Rojas currently ranks 168th in home runs and 221st in RBI in the bigs.
- Jesus Aguilar is batting .247 with 14 doubles, 11 home runs and 19 walks.
- Jon Berti has 10 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 24 walks while batting .277.
- Berti takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with two doubles and a walk.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds is batting .261 with 15 home runs and 32 RBI. All three of those stats are best among Pittsburgh hitters this season.
- Reynolds’ home run total ranks 31st in MLB, and he is 127th in RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has collected 74 hits this season and has an OBP of .325. He’s slugging .359 on the year.
- Hayes ranks 235th among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 164th in RBI.
- Daniel Vogelbach leads Pittsburgh in runs batted in (32) this season. He has a .241 batting average and a .455 slugging percentage.
- Jack Suwinski is batting .206 with an OBP of .292 and a slugging percentage of .444 this season.
Where To Watch Marlins vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.