The San Diego Padres (47-36) and San Francisco Giants (41-39) square off on Thursday at 9:40 PM ET, opening a four-game series at PETCO Park.
The Giants are an underdog away (+113) at the Padres (-134). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the San Diego Padres looking to Joe Musgrove (8-2), and Logan Webb (7-3) answering the bell for the San Francisco Giants. The over/under for the game is 6.5 total runs.
Padres vs. Giants Predictions
Padres vs. Giants Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Padres vs. Giants Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego played as the moneyline favorite in six of its last 10 games, and finished 1-5 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Padres combined with their opponents to go over the run total five times.
- San Diego has a 2-8-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- San Francisco is not favored for the first time in a while, as it has not been the underdog in its last 10 games.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Giants and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- San Francisco has a record of 2-8-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Padres vs. Giants Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Joe Musgrove
- The Padres are 10-4-0 ATS in Musgrove’s 14 starts with a set spread.
- The Padres have been favored on the moneyline in 10 of Musgrove’s starts this season, and they went 8-2 in those games.
- Musgrove’s team has an 11-3 record in his starts this season.
- Musgrove’s starts went over the run total seven times in 14 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Logan Webb
- Webb’s team is 8-8-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team has been defeated in each of the four games he’s started as the moneyline underdog.
- Webb’s team is 10-6 when he starts this season.
- In games Webb has started this season, the teams are 9-8-0 at hitting the over.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado has accumulated a team-high batting average of .316, and paces the Padres in home runs (12) and runs batted in (46).
- Machado’s home runs rank 53rd in MLB and he ranks 26th in RBI in MLB.
- Jurickson Profar is hitting .244 with 20 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 46 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Profar ranks 107th in homers and 64th in RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .240 with 20 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 36 walks.
- Eric Hosmer is batting .269 with 14 doubles, six home runs and 24 walks.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Wilmer Flores is batting .246 for San Francisco with a team-high 41 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Flores ranks 90th in homers and 50th in RBI.
- Flores has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a double, four walks and an RBI.
- Joc Pederson is batting .269 this season with a team-high 17 home runs and 41 RBI.
- Pederson is 16th in home runs and 50th in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Mike Yastrzemski is slashing .231/.335/.403 this season for the Giants.
- Darin Ruf has collected 50 hits this season and has an OBP of .338. He’s slugging .362 on the year.
- Ruf has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .364 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
Where To Watch Padres vs. Giants
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.