The Miami Marlins (38-40) and Los Angeles Angels (37-44) square off on Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET, opening a two-game series at loanDepot park.
The favored Marlins (-125 moneyline odds to win) take the field at home against the Angels (+105). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Miami Marlins looking to Sandy Alcantara (8-3), and Noah Syndergaard (5-6) taking the ball for the Los Angeles Angels. The contest has an over/under of 7.
Marlins vs. Angels Predictions
Marlins vs. Angels Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Marlins vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Miami played as the moneyline favorite for four of its last 10 games, and finished 3-1 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Marlins and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
- Miami is 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Los Angeles has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and lost each of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Angels and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
- Los Angeles is 2-8-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Marlins vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Sandy Alcantara
- The Marlins have gone 9-7-0 against the spread when Alcantara starts.
- The Marlins are 8-3 in Alcantara’s 11 starts this season with Miami as the moneyline favorite.
- Over Alcantara’s 16 starts, his team is 10-6.
- Alcantara’s starts went over the run total six times in 16 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Noah Syndergaard
- Syndergaard and his team are 4-8-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- In games Syndergaard has started, his team is 5-7.
- In games Syndergaard has started this season, the teams are 4-6-2 at hitting the over.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Garrett Cooper paces the Marlins with a team-high batting average of .315.
- Among all hitters in MLB action, Cooper’s home run total ranks 178th and his RBI tally ranks 68th.
- Miguel Rojas has 10 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 15 walks while hitting .249.
- Rojas ranks 151st in homers and 189th in RBI this season.
- Jesus Aguilar is batting .248 with 13 doubles, 10 home runs and 18 walks.
- Jon Berti is batting .268 with eight doubles, two triples, two home runs and 23 walks.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Mike Trout leads Los Angeles in homers with 23 while also maintaining a team-best .272 batting average.
- Trout’s home run total ranks second in the majors, and he is 22nd in RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani leads Los Angeles in runs batted in (51) this season. He’s batting .255 while slugging .497.
- Ohtani ranks 14th among hitters in the majors in homers, and 16th in RBI.
- Taylor Ward has collected 64 base hits, an OBP of .400 and a slugging percentage of .548 this season.
- Ward heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Jared Walsh has collected 70 hits this season and has an OBP of .292. He’s slugging .445 on the year.
Where To Watch Marlins vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.