The San Diego Padres (47-34) and Seattle Mariners (39-42) square off in the first of a two-game series on Monday at PETCO Park, at 6:40 PM ET. The Padres are coming off a series defeat to the Dodgers, and the Mariners a series win over the Athletics.
The favored Padres (-184 moneyline odds to win) play at home against the Mariners (+156). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the San Diego Padres looking to Sean Manaea (3-3), and Chris Flexen (4-8) taking the ball for the Seattle Mariners. The game’s total is set at 8.
Padres vs. Mariners Predictions
Padres vs. Mariners Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Padres vs. Mariners Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego has a 1-4 record across the five games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Padres and their opponents combined to hit the over four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- San Diego is 3-7-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Seattle has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- The Mariners and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Seattle has won six of its last 10 games against the spread.
Padres vs. Mariners Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Sean Manaea
- The Padres are 7-7-0 ATS in Manaea’s 14 starts that had a set spread.
- The Padres are 6-4 in Manaea’s 10 starts this season with San Diego as the moneyline favorite.
- Manaea’s team has put together a 7-7 record over his 14 starts.
- Manaea’s starts hit the over on the run total nine times in 14 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Chris Flexen
- When Flexen starts, his team is 6-9-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has won 18.2% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (2-9).
- Flexen’s team has a 5-10 record in his starts this season.
- Games started by Flexen have a 4-11-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado paces the Padres with 12 home runs and 46 runs batted in, while racking up a team-best batting average of .320.
- In MLB, Machado ranks 49th in home runs and 24th in RBI.
- Jurickson Profar has 20 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 45 walks while hitting .247.
- Among all MLB batters, Profar ranks 99th in home runs and 57th in RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth has 20 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 34 walks while batting .242.
- Eric Hosmer has 14 doubles, six home runs and 24 walks while hitting .273.
Mariners Batting Leaders
- Julio Rodriguez leads Seattle in home runs this season with 14 while driving in 41 runs.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Rodriguez is 35th in home runs and 44th in RBI.
- Rodriguez enters this matchup on a seven-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .343 with two doubles, a triple, five home runs, three walks and eight RBI.
- J.P. Crawford has collected 70 hits this season and has an OBP of .343. He’s slugging .381 on the year.
- Crawford ranks 178th among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 189th in RBI.
- Crawford has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .118 with a walk and two RBI.
- Jesse Winker has 63 hits this season and a slash line of .226/.341/.337.
- Eugenio Suarez is batting .240 with an OBP of .332 and a slugging percentage of .436 this season.
Where To Watch Padres vs. Mariners
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.