The New York Mets (49-30) are looking for continued production from a slugger on a hot streak versus the Cincinnati Reds (27-51) on Monday at 6:40 PM ET, at Great American Ball Park. Eduardo Escobar is currently on a three-game homer streak.
The Reds (+139 underdog on the moneyline to win) hit the field versus the Mets (-164). The New York Mets will hand the ball to Taijuan Walker (6-2, 2.72 ERA), who is looking for win No. 7 on the season, and the Reds will turn to Hunter Greene (3-9, 5.72 ERA). The contest has a set total of 9.5.
Mets vs. Reds Predictions
Mets vs. Reds Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York has a 3-2 record over the five games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Mets combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total five times.
- New York’s ATS record is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- Cincinnati has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has won four of those contests.
- The Reds and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Cincinnati is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Mets vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Taijuan Walker
- The Mets are 7-6-0 against the spread when Walker starts.
- The Mets have been favored on the moneyline in seven of Walker’s starts this season, and they went 4-3 in those matchups.
- Walker’s team has a 7-6 record in his starts this season.
- Walker’s starts hit the over on the run total three times in 14 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Hunter Greene
- Greene and his team have a record of 7-8-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 2-12.
- Greene’s team is 3-12 when he starts this season.
- In games Greene has started this season, the teams are 7-7-1 at hitting the over.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso has a team-best 22 home runs and 69 runs batted in.
- Among all batters in baseball, Alonso’s home run total ranks fifth and his RBI tally ranks first.
- Francisco Lindor has 11 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 32 walks while batting .244.
- Lindor ranks 49th in home runs among hitters in MLB play and seventh in RBI.
- Starling Marte has 16 doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 14 walks while hitting .280.
- Marte has safely hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .389 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Jeff McNeil is batting .317 to lead his team.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Brandon Drury leads Cincinnati in home runs with 16 and runs batted in with 42.
- Drury’s home run total ranks 20th in the majors, and he is 39th in RBI.
- Tommy Pham is batting .257 with an OBP of .348 and a slugging percentage of .423 this season.
- Pham ranks 57th in home runs and 83rd in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Kyle Farmer’s batting average of .284 leads all Cincinnati hitters this season.
- Joey Votto has collected 45 hits this season and has an OBP of .337. He’s slugging .381 on the year.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.