The Atlanta Braves (46-34) host the St. Louis Cardinals (44-37) to open a four-game series at Truist Park, with first pitch at 7:20 PM ET on Monday. The Braves are on the back of a series victory over the Reds, and the Cardinals a series loss to the Phillies.
The Cardinals are road underdogs (+145) against the Braves (-170). The Braves will give the ball to Kyle Wright (9-4) versus the Cardinals and Dakota Hudson (6-4). The game’s over/under is 9.
Braves vs. Cardinals Predictions
Braves vs. Cardinals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Braves vs. Cardinals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Atlanta went 5-1 across the six games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Braves and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Atlanta’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- St. Louis has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and has won one of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cardinals and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- St. Louis is 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Braves vs. Cardinals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Kyle Wright
- The Braves are 6-9-0 ATS in Wright’s 15 starts that had a set spread.
- The Braves have been favored on the moneyline in 12 of Wright’s starts this season, and they went 9-3 in those games.
- Wright’s team has won 10 of his 15 starts.
- Wright’s starts hit the over on the run total four times in 15 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Dakota Hudson
- Hudson’s team is 10-5-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 5-4.
- Hudson’s team has won eight of his 15 starts.
- Games started by Hudson have an 8-7-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Dansby Swanson has a team-high batting average of .298.
- Among hitters in MLB, Swanson ranks 35th in homers and 24th in RBI.
- Austin Riley has shown his power as he paces his team with 20 home runs and 48 runs batted in.
- Riley currently ranks ninth in home runs and 20th in RBI in the majors.
- Riley takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .474 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Matt Olson is hitting .248 with 31 doubles, 12 home runs and 44 walks.
- Marcell Ozuna has nine doubles, 16 home runs and 21 walks while batting .227.
- Ozuna takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with two home runs, a walk and two RBI.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt is batting .341 with 19 home runs and 65 RBI. All three of those stats are best among St. Louis hitters this season.
- Goldschmidt is 11th in homers and second in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .290 with an OBP of .352 and a slugging percentage of .539 this season.
- Arenado currently ranks 15th in homers and ninth in RBI in the big leagues.
- Arenado heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .450 with a double, a triple, three home runs and six RBI.
- Tommy Edman is slashing .270/.340/.395 this season for the Cardinals.
- Edman brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Brendan Donovan has collected 55 hits this season and has an OBP of .405. He’s slugging .414 on the year.
Where To Watch Braves vs. Cardinals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.